"Is he going to be okay?"

"He is. There's nothing to worry about." Kirk shares a smile, looking over his shoulder to watch my mate. "He's a strong person, and I'm glad that he's going to be my Alpha as well. It's such an honor to finally meet him, though I wish it's not in this circumstance."

"Well, as soon as he recovers, he'll be presented officially."

"Thank you, Leon. You can take him out now if you wish." As I turn around, Kirk stops me as if remembering something. "Oh, before I forget, please be with him. It'd be much easier for him to recover if you're around."

Nodding my head, I head over to my mate who is watching his feet swinging back and forth with such interest that it amuses me. Ethan looks at me with furrowed brows, I touch his cheek. He looks down, blushing, his cheeks tinting pink. I hold his hand, pulling him and he gently jumps out of the small table he's been sitting on for about two hours. Ethan grabs my hand for support again, and as his eyes watch the gesture, his ears turn red. I smile, knowing that I'm the cause of that.

Ethan takes my hand, pulling him gently as if he's a little kid. The people have already gone to sleep, except for the pack warriors who patrol the area. My mate and I both look at the dark sky dotted with stars. A gentle breeze whirls past us, and a shiver runs down my spine. My mate squeezes my hand, and I look at him.

He looks so breathtaking. How the fuck am I just seeing this now?

Ethan lets go of my hand, and my brows furrow. I look at him in confusion. But I tug on him. Now, it's his turn to give me the same look. I shake my head.

"Where are you going?" I ask him.

"My house?" I shake my head again. "Then where the hell am I going?"

"To my room." Ethan's cheeks tint pink once again. He shakes his head, and I hide a grin. I grab his hand, leading him to my room. He protests but I just keep on tugging him. My mate whines as I practically drag him. "Kirk said I have to stay with you so you'd recover fast. I'm only following what the medics said. Now just don't protest. This is for your own good."

"My own good?" Ethan raises a brow at me, snatching his hand. He crosses his arms as he looks at me expectantly. "Is that really it, or is there a different motive?"

"I have no other motive," I shake my head as I look at him, pretending that I'm offended. My mate rolls his eyes at me. I pull him closer to me, which makes him blush and I let out a smirk. I place my forehead against his, listening to his soft breathing as we bask under the moon. "Of course, I just want you there with me. I've lost so much time without you because I made stupid decisions. And honestly, right now, I'm beginning to think you made the right decision because you're mated to a stupid Alpha. But I want to be selfish."

"Stop it, this is not about you being dumb." He tells me, letting out a sigh. My mate purses his lips before stepping back. "Leon, you don't know what was going on inside my head. It was the only way I could think of just to protect you and this pack. I left in the first place because I wanted the people here safe, and if I could do it again, I would. But of course you being dumb enough, you would follow me. I don't know what changed your mind to pursue me."

"I made bad decisions," I pull him closer, my fingers gently touching the exposed skin on his hips. "I was too caught up in imagining of having a perfect family. A woman, pups, me. But I realized that there's something better than that. When I was standing there about to make a grand ass speech, I couldn't find you. I wanted to introduce you as my mate, and that was my way of redeeming. But then I found out that you ran away, and you kept things for me like my necklace."