18

doyoung peeked into winwin and keni's room, feeling guilty that he might be disturbing the two.

he smiled at the sight of winwin stroking keni's hair as she slept and stepped into the room quietly.

"winwin," he whispered and the boy turned his attention to doyoung, "ayeri's missing."

winwin jolted upright, completely forgetting about the girl resting next to him.

doyoung continued, "we are leaving for the mission now, i wanted to ask if you wanted to come. the rest of wayv is supposed to stay at home but i know how much you care about ayeri."

winwin sighed and looked down at keni, who had turned to her side and was grumbling in her sleep.

he had promised to stay by her side, but this was more important right?

he left the room with doyoung and didn't even look back, failing to notice that keni was burning up with a fever and severely sick.

~

keni's eyes fluttered open in the darkness of winwin's room.

she sat up and instantly became dizzy as her head throbbed with pain. she felt her own forehead only to gasp at the heat radiating out of it.

she looked around hopefully for winwin, only to be disappointed.

it isn't like she expected much from him anyways.

she blindly tried to find her way out of the bed and out of the room, wondering if there would be any medicine down in the kitchen.

the house seemed unusual quiet, vacant of the usual screams and yells that came with living with 21 boys. 

she felt delirious as she looked around for ayeri. when she didn't find her sole female friend, she assumed that ayeri was at her entertainment company. 

keni was barely functioning when she finally made it to the kitchen, clutching on the door frame as 6 boys stared back at her.

"oh hi china boys, where's winwin?" she looked around for him.

kun glanced at hendery who nudged lucas, "he uh, he left for the mission cause ayeri went missing."

keni tilted her head, "then why are you guys here?"

ten was the one who answered, "well wayv is supposed to stay home but winwin went because he's still in love with ayeri, " ten rolled his eyes, completely unaware of the effect his words had on keni. 

lucas slapped ten on the arm painfully and went over to hug keni, "its okay- KENI YOU ARE REALLY HOT!"

in the corner, xiaojun spoke up, "we know she's hot lucas."

lucas slapped his forehead, "no! she's burning up and really sick," lucas grabbed keni by the shoulders when he noticed the girl's eyes fluttering and her legs gave way.

he lifted her up and settled her down on the couch in the living room as yangyang hurried to grab medicine for the poor girl.

lucas sat down next to keni, "why didn't you tell us you were sick?"

"i forgot," keni looked at her friend, "he really loves her huh?"

lucas sighed and stroked keni's hair, "well he always has, he was to first to love her. there were so many of the boys that liked her to be honest. i know jaemin isn't happy that winwin still clings onto her but it is what it is."

lucas continued, "he knew her the longest and i guess that's why it came as a shock to him when ayeri picked jaemin over everyone else. all the other boys got over it pretty quick but winwin grew really cold and that's part of the reason why taeyong sent us to china."

"where you met me," keni offered and lucas grinned cutely.

"yes, my best friend now," he pinched her cheeks and handed her a cup of water that kun had grabbed. 

say it with me.

lucas best boy.