15

keni stood in winwin's room, which she was currently sharing, in front of her portion of the closet and was absolutely annoyed that she had nothing good to wear to ayeri's music show. 

she couldn't believe that she was going to meet all these idols and didn't have anything presentable to wear.

at the precise moment that keni dumped all her clothes onto winwin's bed, he walked in and paused at the mess the girl had created. 

"what are you doing," he said judgmentally.

"i don't have anything to wear," she said like it was obvious and continued to sift through her clothes.

winwin looked at her weirdly, "but your clothes are right there."

keni gave him a look, "how am i supposed to look decent with these? what if i meet my future boyfriend today?" she gestured to the pile of sweatpants and sweatshirts that she had accumulated from winwin while staying with him.

winwin scratched his head and pulled her along with him decisively. he stopped at ayeri's room and pushed her in. 

"i'll wait here," he said and leaned against the wall next to the door. 

keni stood awkwardly in front of ayeri, "i don't have anything to wear."

ayeri laughed, "girl, you came to the right person."

outside, winwin rolled his eyes.

by the time keni stepped back out of ayeri's room, winwin had fallen asleep. she tapped him on the shoulder to wake him up.

winwin rubbed his eyes, "what took you so long-" he paused and his jaw dropped as he took in keni's appearance. 

it was like he was truly seeing her for the first time all over again. just like that night where she had almost ran him over, she was stunning. 

her black hair had been straightened and was pinned in the front on both sides with crystal bobby pins. keni had even raided ayeri's makeup and applied a bit of eye makeup, making her honey colored eyes stand out.

she was wearing a mini black skirt paired with a silky scarf that was tied around her upper body, serving as a top. ayeri had even given her a pair of boots and had completed the look with a set of golden rings adorned on her fingers. 

winwin was flustered, "why are you showing so much skin?" he grumbled as jaehyun walked past and also did a double take.

jaehyun whistled," damn you look like a different person!"

winwin glared at him, "she's always been pretty."

keni's eyes widened but she played it off, "haha you guys are funny," she tried to walk away but winwin caught up to her. he grabbed her arm and pulled her back into their shared room. 

he closed the door and pinned her against the door, "don't talk to any guys," he said darkly. 

keni was unable to speak, his proximity stole away her ability to function. 

when he let her go and ushered her out the door with ayeri, she took deep breaths and wondered to herself, what is this feeling?

~

keni was backstage with ayeri in the makeup room when a group of boys filed in. the one in the front paused at the sight of ayeri and keni.

he smirked, "long time no see. i didn't know you two were friends! what a lovely coincidence."

ayeri rolled her eyes, "shut it b.i."

keni recognized the boy as the one that had bought her off of jackson. she felt her anxiety rise and she took deep breaths.

ayeri stood up and glowered at the group of boys, "you guys better not touch keni again. she's under our protection now and i think you remember the last time you tried to fuck with us."

"we'll see," b.i. said and winked to keni who glared back at him.

as the boys left them alone keni turned to ayeri, "you guys are acquainted?"

ayeri nodded painfully, "when i first joined nct, ikon constantly went after us. they kidnapped me so many times and b.i.- he raped me."

keni covered her mouth with both her hands, "i'm so sorry!"

ayeri laughed it off, "i'm over it now. i'm happy and i have the boys and now you. he can't take anything from me anymore without paying the consequences."

keni nodded and paused to check a notification on  her phone.

winwin:

come outside.

keni made a face at her phone and excused herself to ayeri. she stepped out of the broadcasting building and looked around for winwin.

she gasped when he saw winwin leaning against a sleek, black motorcycle. 

the image was complete with his all black outfit and leather jacket. he clutched two helmets and motioned for her to come to him. 

"what's the occasion?" she asked as he plopped a helmet onto her head.

winwin glanced at her, "i can't just stay at home when you might be flirting with some random boy in there."

keni hopped onto the bike behind him, "what do you mean?"

winwin took her arms and wrapped it around his waist, "hold on tight, i'm taking you out today."

he stepped on the gas pedal and zoomed before she could protest.