31

"what's the mission ty track?" yangyang asked and then snickered.

taeyong glared at him before continuing his explanation of what the mysterious woman had asked them to do, "the chinese president. shoot down his secretary while they are close to each other. it seems the women is connected to the president and wanted him to have a little scare."

"and why did you agree to this?" keni asked with raised eyebrows.

taeyong gave her a look, "because i believe it's connected to you."

keni looked away, not wanting to give any sort of reaction, knowing that most of the boys still didn't know the newfound information about her intriguing past. she mildly wondered who the strange woman was.

"the chinese president is in korea for a few days but i want to strike now."

"i'm sending in keni to do it. wayv will accompany her to make sure everything runs smoothly," taeyong declared as dream and 127 units filed out of the room. 

kun was stunned. as most of the wayv boys except lucas and winwin went to go gear up for the mission, he gripped taeyong's wrist, "you're telling her to kill someone close to her father?"

taeyong nodded, affirming his words, "after all, i'm sure she wants to take her revenge on him," he nodded at keni.

keni didn't notice, she was staring at the floor, her mind swimming with thoughts. ever since she had found out who her father was, she had despised him for throwing her away so carelessly. she was scared that she would lose herself in the moment and turn the gun to shoot him too. after all, no one can control their emotions in the heat of the moment can they?

she stood up abruptly, her hand on the gun on her hip, "when are we leaving?"

to the side, winwin looked almost scared at her willingness to do the mission. 

winwin continued to stare at the girl in concern as they made their way to the gala at which the chinese president was currently attending. his eyes never looked the gleam in her eyes and at one point his hand had found its way on top of hers, trying to comfort her in some way.

she didn't even notice, her thoughts elsewhere and too preoccupied to care about any boy problems at the moment.

when the car stopped, she pulled her hand away from winwin's and got out of the car, immediately going to her position, the earpiece tucked inside her ear carelessly. 

she didn't even glance back at the other members and they all hesitated before taking their own positions. although only winwin, lucas, and kun knew what significance this moment carried, the rest of the boys could still sense the tension in the air and keni's abnormal behavior.

no one questioned her though and they all begun the mission seamlessly, just as they had always trained for. 

keni walked slowly through the art gala, her eyes not even resting for one second on the eerie paintings. how ironic that the president would pick this particular gala to visit today, the paintings telling tales of murder and bloodshed. 

then she saw him. her father, accompanied by a tall, thin woman with calculating eyes and a crocodile leather bag. she had found her target. 

her father was staring up at a particular painting with curious eyes. there was no mistaking the dead body that was intricately painted and the blood that gushed out from under the body. 

keni approached the chinese president, "fascinating isn't it?" her fingers extended out to touch the painting and the president turned to look at her.

immediately the women grabbed onto her arm, trying to pull her away from the president.

the president waved his hands at his companion, "it's okay, i like people who appreciate a little bit of glory."

keni smiled, "you speak korean well mr. president."

"i must, how else will i converse with the korean government officials?" the president laughed, "you are one bold child to approach me."

"if you say so," keni said in mandarin, her eyes smirking.

the president clapped, delighted, "and you speak chinese!"

keni smiled even more wickedly, her hand on the familiar gun already. in a whir, she pointed it to the secretary's head, still staring at her father. 

the president's eyes widen, "w-what?"

"any last goodbye?" keni asked as the president uselessly looked around for his security. unfortunately for him, they had all been wiped out by the rest of wayv. 

keni pulled the trigger, the gunshot deafening as the bullet blasted through the side of the secretary's head. keni cocked the gun again, this time pointing at the crocodile purse, shooting it three times, "what an atrocious bag," she commented after kicking the smoking purse to the side.

she pulled out of her pocket a sealed letter, the one that the mysterious women requested to be placed on top of the secretary's body after the deed was done. 

keni settled the letter down and looked up at the president, "good day to you," her hands twitched on the gun handle but she dragged herself out before she could give another thought on blowing his brains out.

the president picked up the letter with shaky hands, breaking the seal

my darling,

hasn't our daughter grown up so well?

the president looked up from the letter to keni's retreating figure, his breath coming up short. his past was catching up to him and there was nothing he could do about it.