Chapter one

Maxine P.O.V

I walk down the hall when I hear a silent whimper. On instinct I walk faster. When I round the corner my blood boils.

"What the fuck is going on here?" My voice boom through the hallway.

"Stop sticking your nose in other people's business Miller!" Conner the Alpha of my Pack's son growl's at me.

"Stop beating up the weak to make yourself look tough." I sneered right back refraining myself from growling.

He drops the kid I know as Henry and stalk towards me. Just before he can do anything the principal and also his dad shows up.

He glanced at Henry and then at me and Conner. He sighed as he pulled a hand through his hair.

"Everyone get to class now!" He demanded in his alpha voice.

I bowed my head and so did Conner as he walked up to us. Students scurried away and ran to class immediately.

"Conner, Maxine! My office now!" He said.

We walked to his office in silence. It didn't take long and it wasn't the first time either.

I sit down on the left, Conner to my right as Alpha Mike sits down behind his desk looking at us.

"Conner why did you pick on Henry?" He asks sounding disappointed.

"He was talking about my mate." Conner mumbled.

Mike nodded and looked at me. "Miller I know you are trying to do good, but don't step in when you do not know the reason behind the fight." He said.

"Yes alpha." I bowed my head.

"Now as a punishment I need to keep both your wolves at bay for a while. That means a silver bracelet for you each with the plastic lining. It will only make you guy's unable to shift." Alpha Mike explained.

"Yes father." Conner replied.

Mike looked at me. "Yes alpha." I replied once again bowing my head.

We each got a bracelet and left the office. I pulled the sleeve of my hoodie over it so no one can see. Conner did the same with his jacket.

"Sorry for stepping in. I didn't know he talked about her." I said bowing my head.

"It's fine. You will understand one day. Just try and ask next time." Conner mumbled as he walked away.

***
School was now over and I was headed home. I walked through the woods like usual when I heard a growl.

I snapped my head around and sniffed the air. A rogue.

How can I miss this before!

I was about to shift when a pain shot through my arm. I remember the bracelet and curse.

When ever you try and shift with the bracelet on it cases pain because the silver will burn your wolf if they come to the surface.