Too many people (Levi x anxious reader)

Start from the beginning

(A/N: I don't get why there's snowflakes on this image

(A/N: I don't get why there's snowflakes on this image.)

"Thank Devildom it's a normal dress! I hope Levi likes it."

-the next day before the party-

I had just finished brushing my hair when I heard Lucifer call us all down so we can leave.

I slipped on my black flats, and slowly opened my bedroom door. I noticed how quiet it was upstairs, which probably means I'm the last one to leave my room.

I shyly creep my way to the stairs leading down into the foyer, and Asmo was the first person to spot me. He audibly gasped. The others turned to look at me, and I suddenly felt extremely self-conscious.

"I knew I made the right choice in choosing that dress! You're so adorable~" Asmo gushed. I glanced at Levi, and to my surprise he was blushing.

"T-Thanks....Asmo..." I whispered as I walked over to them. He just winked at me, and I noticed that there was a hint of annoyance on Levi's face.

"Let's go. We're already a little late." Lucifer opened the door, and we began our walk to the castle. I take a moment to look at the tuxes the brothers were wearing.

"L-Levi looks handsome..."

I blushed as I glanced away from him. He was currently walking in front of me, and I was staying in the back of the group. However, someone suddenly pushed me forward, and I bumped into Levi.

He glanced back at me, and his face turned red. I quickly regained my balance, and I heard a light chuckle from behind me.

"Are you alright?" Levi asked as I nodded. I knew Asmo had been the one who pushed me.

"Y-Yeah...just tripped on my own foot..."

"You're like a clumsy anime girl now."

"H-Hey! I'm not that clumsy..." I blushed as he chuckled. We started talking about different animes we had watched recently, and pretty soon we arrived at the castle.

Barbatos lead us inside, and I was immediately startled by the amount of people what were inside. Diavolo had told me it was going to be a small party, which was the only reason I agreed to come.

My body started shaking as I looked at all of the people, and I placed my shaking hands over my chest. My heart was beating like crazy. I managed to keep some composure as the group dispersed.

I hurried into one of the corners of the room, and tried to calm down my breathing. My eyes started darting around me, hoping that no one would come and talk to me.

"Calm down...calm down. I can do this! It's only for a couple of hours, so I should be fine...

But there's so many people, and what if a stranger talks to me? What am I supposed to do? I can't handle this. My heart won't slow down.

I need to leave!"

My eyes landed on the door, and I quietly slipped out of the party. Barbatos glanced at me as I left, but he didn't try and stop me from leaving.

Once I got outside, I took a deep breath of the fresh air. I was panting a little bit since my heartrate had increased so quickly earlier.

"Are you alright?" I heard an unfamiliar voice, and without looking up I bolted. There was no way I was going to talk to some random demon.

My feet started carrying me towards the manor, so I didn't really think about anything else. By the time I reached the manor, I was completely out of breath.

I opened the door, and absentmindedly stumbled into the living room. I noticed that the fireplace was still lit. I sat down on the floor a few feet away from it to see if it would stop me from shaking.

I'm not sure how long I sat there, but at some point something touched my shoulder, and I yelped.

"H-Hey! It's just me." I looked up to see Levi standing there. He sat down next to me, and I inched closer to him.

"...D-Did Barbatos....tell you?"

"Yeah, he said that you left. I-I...just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"T-Thanks. I-I think I'm fine now. I just get nervous around b-big groups of p-people." My body was still shaking a little bit. Levi seemed to notice this, and placed his arm around me.

"I feel like the protagonist of an anime right now. I guess that means you would be-"

"The l-love interest?" I inquired. He blushed as he nodded. We stayed silent for a few moments before I spoke again.

"I-I...would be happy to be your love interest..."