02

eMergence II

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

It was deep into the night, I woke up from an arm on my stomach, this I knew it was the von Strucker's arm.

He asked me to spend the night in his room, just to make sure I was okay, but from the looks of what's happening...

I looked beside me to see Andy, far into sleep, jerking and moving quite violently.

"Andy?"

... he seemed the need me without realizing.

He was muttering nonsense, making me shake him to wake up.
"Andy, Andy wake up!"

He snapped out of it, rushing to sit himself up and hyperventilate from the nightmare he must've had.

"Hey, hey, Andy," I whisper, "w-what happened? Are you okay?"

As he nods his head and tried to catch his breath, I looked over to the clock beside his nightstand stating that it was 2:56 am.

"I-I'm okay, let's go back to sleep," The von Strucker tells me, pulling us both down onto his bed.

As we did, I gave a concerned look, pushing the hair out of Andy's platinum dyed hair out of his eyes.

"What happened?"

"It was just a bad dream. No need to worry."

I knew pushing him would only lead to a fight, so I let it go with a kiss.

He pulled me into his chest, as I wrap my arms around him.

There we took a moment of embrace as we slowly start to drift into the earns of sleep.

❅   ❅   ❅

Everyone went to the warehouse, seeing mechanics try to build the big shelter for Lorna.

As Andy and I watch them do their work, we both overhear Lorna's slight panic.

"Make sure these are tight," The woman orders the worker, "The joints need to be sealed."

"Yeah, they're in," bored the man, having the metal woman look down in almost embarrassment.

"Hey, make sure you double-check, all right?" I sternly asked him, making him nod.

"Lorna," Reeva calls, "we've been chatting with the doctor and he's concerned that you shouldn't be exerting yourself."