12

no Mercy II

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

The trick of the mission was Reeva got a person from the inside to engage with us.
As the rest of the group went to the front, Jack and I had to stay out in the back of the building.

Our job was to stop just a single police force from coming.
If we did more, we would deem more suspicious than ever.
Only one could give enough time to do the heist and leave.

He used his lighting to get on the roof, as I used my ice.
We both watched from the top as the group went in. Our only assignment was to delay police, cause no major deaths or injuries.

I froze the security cameras and stood by my brother, as we wait for any danger on our end.

"You'd think, they would put us on a real mission, and not play bodyguard," Jack comments.

Though I did agree, I replied, "Let's just get the mission over with."

"I'm serious. We are Mycroft's for godsakes, we are a powerful family, like the von Struckers, and yet we are the ones sitting on the sidelines."

"Maybe, powerful mutants, like us, are gonna be the ultimate surprise. A wild card, you know."

"Better be right. I trained my ass off, just to sit and watch cars pass by. We should be down there, fighting people."

"We are not hurting anyone," I reminded, "Reeva was very specific on that part: no lives should be taken."

"Yeah, yeah, but you gotta agree with me. She has one von Strucker and two Mycroft's, yet she is putting us up as some benchers; our family would be ashamed to see us like is, just some pons than knights."

I furrowed my brows from the way he talked. He had never talked about our family, our heritage of mutant abilities, he never did talk about the power we hold.

I noticed how the clouded sky shined to him. There were bags under his eyes, worse than mine. His normal colored eyes were now dulled and greyed.
I knew he was training himself to the core. He would spend most of his time in the training rooms, for hours, until Esme had to pull him out.

I only responded, "Whatever, let's just get this over with."

I had to stand on the other side of the rooftop, away from Jack, because testing my patience was the last thing he needed to do to me.