Chapter 1: Festival

Chapter 1: Festival

Summary: It's a week after Rukia's birthday and after a fight with Ichigo she flees to the comfort of the Soul Society. What will happen? As with my story 'Reunions' I suggest you listen to the song at the side while reading. Enjoy! Please comment what you think!

________________________
Rukia

After finishing the last of the paperwork for the day I left my office next to Captain Ukitake's and went back to my room to get ready for tonight. I had started doing more of the Captain's work after he started to feel sick again. I reached my room a few minutes later and glanced at the clock.

6:10

Crap. I had less than an hour to get ready for the festival tonight. After rescuing Ichigo and the others from Hueco Mundo the head captain noticed a lowering of moral and decided to have a festival. It was also to celebrate the first cherry blossoms of the year.

As I quickly put on my dress I heard a knock. When I opened it saw Orihime standing there with a dress and a bag that was bulging at the seams.

"Orihime not that I'm not glad to see you but what are you doing here?" I asked perplexed. I would have seen her along with everyone else at the festival.

"I'm here to help you get ready for tonight. I ran into Rangiku who saw you on your way back here and she told me I should help you." she said moving past me and setting her stuff on my bed.

"Okay I guess that's alright." I said closing the door.

"Since your already in your dress we can start your makeup." she said going through her bag.

"Wait what? What do you mean makeup? What's wrong with how I look?" I practically yelled.

"It's just to bring out your features more. Now sit down and I'll do yours." she said motioning for me to sit on the bed. Sighing I reluctantly sat down on the bed as Orihime got to work.

__________________________________________

(Later at the festival)

(Rukia's P.O.V.)

By the time we got to the courtyard where the festival was everyone was already there and it was beginning to get dark. I sucked in my breath at the sight. The Shinigami Women's Association had decorated the courtyard with candles on every table and there were lanterns hanging everywhere sticking to a more classic Victorian theme and it looked amazing. Looking around I saw Karin talking with Captain Hitsugaya who has a bored expression on his face. I'm surprised no ones said anything about the fact that she's wearing her normal clothes instead of a dress. But knowing her she'd just ignore at them.

I smile as I watch as a barely there smile flits across his face at something she says. As I was watching he leaned over and said something that made Karin laugh. I smiled watching them. They look so cute together. I think, laughing inwardly.

"Oh look there's Uryu!" Orihime said grabbing my arm "Let's go say hi."

"I don't really feel like it but you should go over Orihime." I replied

"Ok" she said looking surprised

Once she left I wandered around for an hour or so saying hi to friends I haven't seen in a while. I soon started to get a headache and went in search of a quiet place to sit down. Remembering a nearby clearing I followed the path through the trees bordering the party. I had been looking to this festival for a month but now I just wished it was over. A few minutes later I heard the music start. I figured people would start dancing so I stayed there. For some reason I didn't have the heart to watch all the couples dancing. At last year's party I had danced with Renji to a few songs but this year felt different.