Chapter 5: Shut Up and Dance

Summary: When two rival Universities have a ball in the hopes of uniting the two schools, will chaos ensue or will love prevail?
_______________________
Karin

"No way."

"Come on."

"Not happening sis," Karin says brushing past her twin, entering the bathroom to do her makeup. She'd already promised her that she'd attend this stupid ball, there was no way she'd be forced to wear a dress too.

"Don't you want to meet a guy someday?" Yuzu retorts, leaning against the bathroom's threshold. "We're not in high school anymore Karin."

She only spared her sister a glance before leaning in closer to the mirror to apply her mascara. Yuzu already knew how she felt about such things. Boys just served as distractions, ones she didn't need. Especially not now when all her hard work was about to pay off. She was scheduled to graduate in the spring with her Bachelors in Media Communication and an internship lined up after. No boy was going to mess that up for her.

"Fine. What if I told you that the president of Tokyo Publications is gonna be at the dance?"

Karin barely kept from stabbing herself in the eye as she turned to stare at her twin. "You serious?" She breathed. Tokyo Publications was the company she was set to intern for early next year.

"As a heart attack." Yuzu deadpanned.

"That's not funny." Karin replied, still unsure where her sister's dark humor had come from. Probably from all those popular kids she hung out with in high school, Karin thought, turning  her attention to her hair, pulling it up in a loose bun, letting a few strands hang down to frame her face.

"So?"

"So, what?"

"So, are you going to dress up now?" Yuzu questioned. "You seriously can't expect to meet your future boss looking like that." She said, waving a hand to the sweatshirt and jeans Karin had thrown on that morning before rushing off to class.

Karin blanched. Yuzu was right, this was her one chance to make a stunning first impression and she couldn't afford to blow it. Her financial security depended on it.

Yuzu smiled triumphantly as Karin did one last check to make sure her makeup wasn't too heavy, before following her back into Yuzu's dorm room. When hey entered university they both decided it was one they had separate rooms, so Karin's was across the hall with her roommate Kiera. Yuzu's was lucky as her roommate dropped out last minute, giving her a room that was meant for two people, all to herself.

"Choose." Yuzu commanded, waving a hand towards the two dresses on her bed.

Karin froze when she saw the dresses Yuzu had picked out. The first one was a white sundress, while the other was a backless black dress.

"Don't you have anything else?"

"Nope, I lent out all my other dresses. You can pick first and I'll wear the other." Yuzu announced taking a seat on her desk chair, watching in amusement as Karin picked up both dresses and went to try them on. A few minutes later she emerges, sporting the black backless, tossing the white dress to her twin with a annoyed look.

"You'll thank me when you get that job." Yuzu threw over her shoulder as she went to change.

"Whatever," Karin muttered to herself as she ignored the black flats laid out beside the bed, opting for the more comfortable black tennis shoes she wore everyday.