Vol.1 Ch.2: The Daughter of Ciri

After Princess Pina explained the situation, she asked Empress Victoria Louise, "Sorry for the accident just now. I want to ask who are those soldiers and this commander?" 

Victoria smiled and began introducing, "Oh, the soldiers on horses in golden plate armour and white uniform are my imperial cavalry guard, the Grade du Corps. As for the blue uniform in golden stitched red shoulder collars are the 8th Leib-Grenadier Regiment under this lady in chief, Grand Duchess Alexandra of Mecklinburg-Schwern." 

The grand duchess did a curtsy as a greeting to her, "It is an honour to meet you, your highness." 

Suddenly, an old man holding a religious staff walked towards the empress, one of the grenadier guards tried to stop him but the grand duchess allowed him to come forward. 

The old man held Victoria's right hand with his shaking hand and made a small kiss on it, he bowed and looked into her eyes. "You had changed so much, after 10 years, you are now Empress of Berlium and I am glad to see you, Daughter of Ciri."

Victoria remembered who he was, "Father Hallam, I am glad to see you in good health too." 

Pina found that the citizens were whispering among each other. "So the prophecy is true." "She is the Daughter of Ciri!"

-^-^-^-

In the council room of the House of Formal, Pina introduced Countess Myui Formal, the head of the family who will become 11. 

The countess greeted Empress Victoria Louise with politeness, "It's a pleasure to meet you in person, your majesty." 

"Please be at ease," Victoria replied.

Later then, the princess with her assistance, Hamilton were gathered in the meeting room with the countess, grand duchess, and the empress herself with a map of Italic on the desk. 

"So, as you received my letter you are willing to help us, your majesty?" Pina asked.

"Of course, Italica is a very important city for stopping by trade cargos, if this city falls into the hands of bandits we can't even exchange trade in this location,"  Victoria responded.

In a moment of silence, the princess spoke, "Very well, I shall allow your troops to defend the city with us. How many troops do you have?" 

"We have a total of 300 in 5 regiments, my imperial cavalry guard corp, grand duchess' grenadier guard regiment, one field artillery regiment, one pioneer regiment and a medic volunteer corp," Victoria replied. 

Then Alexandra added in, "With the pioneers and the medical volunteers we can provide excellent services on resupply, reinforce the defence structures, medical care, and standard three meals each day depends on the battle." 

Hamilton said to Princess Pina, "I think we can accept their offering as shelters for Italica." The princess nodded.

And so, the Imperial Army of Grand Germania Empire entered Italica and followed their orders to set up for the coming battle. Beside preparations, the pioneers created a mobile kitchen to provide sustainable meals for the citizens as the nurses from the volunteers treated the wounded. 

Before dawn, soldiers from the 3rd Feldartillerie Regiment were set up artillery pieces on the walls by pulling them up with a crane. Soon, some soldiers of Italica asked, "What are these iron barrels?" 

Friedrich Holme, Captain of the artillery regiment explained, "These are cannons, used by the impact of the gunpowder ignition to fire a round of shell to annihilate the enemies." 

"How far they can land?" One of the Italican soldiers asked.

"The small ones can land about 3 km away, for the big ones you just saw, 8 km," said Captain Friedrich.

The soldiers were amazed as the captain continued, "Soon, you will see the might of our lightings with thunder strick into their fear."

-^-^-^-

After supper in the House of Formal, Victoria was alone in her room planning for the coming battle, she was having a huge headache. 

"Aww, my head hurts so much. I hope I can some warm drinks to have with." She moaned.

As she finished, someone placed a cup on her desk, it was Princess Pina. "Mind if I join you, your majesty?" She asked. 

"Sure," Victoria replied.

At that moment, two royals from opposite empires sat together in the same room. Pina wanted to ask a question, "By the way, why the Father you met called you as Daughter of Ciri?" 

After a slip, the empress began her story. "It was a long story, to tell the truth, I was summoned into this world by Goddess Ciri herself 10 years ago." 

Then, Princess Pina said, "So you are not mortal born on earth, I also heard rumours that the Church of Ciri was formed a hundred years ago by ancestors who survived the ancient wars."

"That's right, according to the legends El Zaberina was once a peaceful continent with lives of happiness from different races. But humans started to sworn enemies on others and this dragged into the war. And so after the war, survivors of all races fled to Berlium and hoped for protection from the goddess, as they arrived they found a rock gate marked with words on it. One maiden, her nation shall be the true protector of El Zarberina.  Therefore the Church of Ciri was formed." Victoria explained.

Victoria just finished a whole pile of paperwork and refilled the cup. "Speaking of drink, this herb tea does make the trick." She said.

Pina thought for a moment and stood up, "Your Majesty, do you really intend to conquer my homeland?" 

As the empress stood up with the cup in her hand, she smiles, "No, I don't think about expansion, but to keep the promise of my people as my duty as empress." 

With relief, Pina rose her cup as so Victoria. "To our people." "And friendship."

It was almost morning, scouts reported enemies from the east gate. Grand Duchess Alexandra greeted Princess Pina and Empress Victoria Louise, "You have arrived, your majesty." 

Then she turned to Captain Friedrich, "Battlestations! Prepare for artillery bombardment." 

"Yes, your grace. 5th and 9th Battalion, load when ready!" Captain Friedrich ordered.

In the meantime, the grand duchess and the empress put on their Pickelhelm as the princess put on her knight helmet too. Victoria handed a flare gun to Pina, "Please do the honour, princess. Let's lit up the battle." 

With the instruction help, Pina fired the flare into the sky as it lit up the land in brightness, the Battle of Italica has begun.