4. "That's why I don't wife em. Just one night 'em"

Saturday
Dave

"Kairi calm down babygirl"

" daddy pleaseeeee see I'm begggginnn" the girl had her hands intertwined " can you ask Amaya's mommy for sleepover"

Watching her pull out her puppy dog eyes I knew I wasn't t going to say no like I wanted to.

I don't trust no one, especially randoms around Kairi. But having to move out from our old neighborhood I'm surprised she's already making friends.

The last daycare she pulled a little girls hair for taking the letter K spot on the reading rug. The little girls name was Krystal with a K. She had to do what she had to do

" I'll ask Amaya's mom when I pick you up from daycare okay"

"Okayyy!" She focused on her tablets watching rugrats. I felt my phone buzzing and checked the caller ID to see Mr. Carter name " Carter"

" Hello Mr. East this is Nancy Jenkins Mr. Carters personal assistance all the paperwork is filed and signed. The office will be cleared out this afternoon. Will that be all?"

" what about the matter of Stephanie the floor secretary?"

" She will be informed about the status of her job tomorrow when she arrives."

" that's all then thanks"

"No problem sir." I hung up the phone focusing on things needing to be done before I go public with the news

But no lie Stephanie surprises me. She looked different that night at Wendy's when she was
with her kids. It was like a whole 360 from the shortie I had dinner with. This one actually smiled and laughed.

I don't know what the hell going on but I seem to be wanting to be in her space more. Pushing her buttons

My stomach growled " Kairi homemade or takeout?"!

Not taking her eyes off her tablet " french fries please"

" alright"

After grabbing the food we were headed down to her mom's house. Always some bullshit when it comes to her. How I'm paying all this child support but Kairi be asking for shoes cause hers be too small or a new toy set.

Child support supporting her trifling mama more than her

Pulling up to her driveway turning off the car opening my door I got out and then got babygirl out her car seat. Keisha was already at the door waiting " hey mommies princess how was your weekend?"

" Good! I'm going to a sleepover !" I mentally
groaned when I saw the look on Keisha's face
" Kairi say goodbye to your father"