Hundred Twenty Six

a/n: cute filler chapter!! anything you guys would like to see let me know? i'm always open to suggestions! enjoy!

**

Noah was holding Benjamin's hand in his, to paint his nails. Benjamin smiles and watches him. "You missed a spot."

Noah furrows his brows. "Joder."

Benjamin giggles. Noah dips the applicator brush back into the bottle to go over it one more time. Noah shakes his head. "You didn't tell me nail polish smelled so bad."

Benjamin lightly shrugs. "You kinda just get used to it. It's not that bad."

"And how are your nails so long?," Noah glances up at him, "You have really nice hands."

Benjamin smiles again, "Thank you."

They go back into their complete silence as Noah was concentrated on painting Benjamin's nails perfectly.

Benjamin's phone starts ringing and he groans. He leans forward to grab to phone.

"Bebesita! Don't move!"

Benjamin looks up at him and nods. "Sorry. Sorry." He smiles to himself a little, loving how concentrated Noah was.

Benjamin puts his phone up to his ear, looking down at Noah painting Benjamin's nails. "Hello?"

"Benjamin?"

Benjamin pauses for a second, tilting his head a little. "I-I'm sorry. Who is this?"

"It's Johnathan."

"Oh...Hey, Johnathan. Where are you? Are you safe?"

Noah looks up at Benjamin, them making eye contact.

Johnathan nods. "Yeah. I made it to my mom's. It was weird...It's still weird and, she wasn't very happy. B-but she's okay now."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I'm getting my school shit sorted out but...I told her I like guys and...T-the first thing she did was hug me."

Benjamin smiles. "That's good. That's really good."

"I-I'm sorry for leaving without saying goodbye...Or even talking to you about it. I just...Couldn't. I needed to get out, bad."

"No, it's okay. I'm glad your safe and feeling better. It takes a lot of courage."

"I know but...You were my first true friend and I ran off. So, I'm sorry. And...Could you tell your mom thank you and that I'm sorry to her as well?"

"Of course."

**
Benjamin smiles and hugs Noah back. "Tomorrow? And can I sleepover?" Benjamin pulls away and tilts his head to the side.

Noah hums and makes a disgusted face. "Let me think."

Benjamin furrows his brows. "Shut up."

"Sorry. Trying to decide if I want my sheets to smell like perfume and scented lotion."

Benjamin giggles and playfully hits Noah on the chest. "Fuck off, Martinez."

Noah smiles at him, "I'm kidding. Of course. Wanna go out for dinner or eat in?"

Benjamin rocks back and forth on the heels of his feet like a little kid. "Could we go out? I kinda don't want fast food right now."

"Fuck, we're soulmates. Me either. I was hoping you'd say go out to eat."

"You could've just asked? I would've said yes to either one, you know that."

"I know, princesa but I wanna make sure you're happy."

Benjamin looks up at him and blushes. "Shut up."

Zach and Olivia were in the kitchen, making dinner. Zach glances over at the two who were flirting with each other. He looks at Olivia and smiles. "They seem happy."

Olivia looks up from her cutting board and nods. "Yeah. They are. Really, I think Noah is perfect for him."

Zach smiles a little. "That's good."

Benjamin leans up and kisses Noah once. "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow. Call me when you get home?"

"Mhm. I love you, bebesita."

"I love you, too. Drive safe." Benjamin smiles and leans in to kiss him once more, then again.

Noah pulls away and smiles at him. "Bye, baby."

Benjamin smiles at him and closes the front door. He turns around, a big smile across his face. Olivia smiles back at him. "You guys have fun?"

"Mhm. I'm still okay to sleep over at his tomorrow, right?"

"Of course, honey."

Benjamin smiles and nods. "Cool. Oh! Johnathan called me earlier."

Olivia looks up, grabbing her wine glass. "Really? What did he say? Is he okay?"

"He said he's sorry for leaving. He made it to his mom's place and he finally came out. He just...Seems upset with himself for leaving."

"Aw. I don't blame him for wanting to be with his mother. I'm glad he's okay now".

Zach looks over at the two. "Who's Johnathan?"

**
"So if you don't mind me asking...What's your relationship with your father? Your mom doesn't tell me to respect boundaries and you don't have to tell me if you don't want."

Benjamin shakes his head as he pokes at his broccoli. "No, it's okay. It's just...He is my dad, you know it's just...He's...Not the best."

Zach nods. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. I guess he just...Wanted a son he could play sports with and talk about girls and stuff. That what he does with his stepson, you know?"

"Yeah."

"I'm fine with it. All I ever really want from he is genuine support, which...He fails at, but...There's no much I can do. I can't force him to support me."

"I'm so sorry. I wish the world wasn't filled with so much ignorance. It's totally unfair."

Benjamin nods his head. "It's okay, though. I've learned that I can't change everyone...All I can do is be myself, you know?"

"That's the attitude to have."

Benjamin smiles and looks at his mom. "We can educate people, though. Some people chose to learn and some people don't."

Olivia nods her head. "That's right."