тнιятү | survival

Jungkook slowly cracked his eyes open, the harsh light blinding — his mind was foggy, body limp.

When he fully opened his eyes, the first thing he noticed was white. Everything around him was white — the walls, the ceiling, the floor. His body was wrapped in warmth, and something soft lay beneath him.

Faintly, he could hear a consistent beep. Tilting his head to the side, he noticed an IV bag and machinery stationed next to him.

Frowning, he made to move — to sit up — but immediately groaned, the movement painful.

"Well, hello there, cutie, how you feeling?"

Jungkook looked up and found Taehyung smiling at him.

"T-Taehyung?" Jungkook stuttered, throat dry. Taehyung quickly grabbed a cup of water and handed it to him. Jungkook gratefully chugged it before giving it back.

"How're you feeling?" Taehyung asked again.

"Tired..." Jungkook moaned. "And something hurts."

"Probably your leg, babe," Taehyung pointed out. Jungkook looked toward the end of the bed, lifting the covers up, only to find his leg wrapped in a thick cast past his knee. That's when everything came flooding back.

"The painkillers are probably wearing off. You've been out for a while."

"I have?" Jungkook asked, earning a nod. "How long?"

"Almost a day," Taehyung told him, sympathetic to the saddened look on the younger's face. "But you're gonna be just fine."

He sighed, but nodded. "Thank you."

Jungkook then scrutinized the room, realizing he was in the infirmary at the Jeon Mansion. He hadn't been here in years.

"Where is everyone?" He asked.

"Well, Namjoon and Jin went back to the club, Yoongi and Hoseok said they were gonna do something, but I wasn't listening. And V and Jeongguk are...busy."

"Busy?" Jungkook furrowed his brows. "Doing what?"

Taehyung hummed, comically rubbing his chin. "I don't know if I'd call it interrogation or torture."

"What? Torture?" Jungkook gaped.

"Yeah, your roommate," Taehyung said. "Jim, was it?"

"They're...They're torturing Jimin?" Jungkook whispered.

"I don't know, babe. All I know is your brother told me to go upstairs. Said I didn't need to be down there..." He trailed off.

Jungkook frowned. He understands Jimin did a bad thing, but did he deserve to be tortured?

Of course he does. He tried to kill Ggukie! A part of his mind screamed at him.

But the other part of his mind kept telling him Jimin was his best friend...

"I need to go down there," Jungkook said, determined, throwing the cover off of him.

"Whoa there, Jungkookie," Taehyung said, leaning forward when the younger began unhooking cords from himself. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I need to see Ggukie. He can't kill Jimin."

"You do realize he tried to kill you, right?" Taehyung reminded.

"I know."

"Your so-called best friend literally tried to choke you to death."

Jungkook's hand ghosted his neck at the memory, gulping. "I know..."