Chapter Seven - This Isn't The First Time pt. 3

A/N: Just as a refresher, Somnus is Drowsiness, Sanus is Reasoning, and Animus is Emotion.

!! This is the last warning I'm putting for unsympathetic Patton, so don't give me shit about it

TW: Angst, arguments, pain, shit escalates quicly

"Patton?" asked Somnus, still in slight shock at the sudden appearance of this new trait.

"Yep! Now kiddos, as I was saying, we shouldn't let Thomas just take the sugar off the table like that. It wouldn't be right."

Sanus raised and eyebrow at his statement. "Wrong? How so?"

"Well it's wrong because the sugar doesn't belong to him, so he'd be stealing. And his mother isn't watching him either, so he'd also he going behind her back!"

"He's only 2 years old jeez, let him live a little," Somnus muttered under his breath just loud enough that the others could hear.

"I kinda agree, Patton, he is still just a child. Maybe we could just let this one slide? And this could also let him learn from his actions by letting him see cause and effect."

"Ah, I see," Sanus said, "since Patton is Morality, he means that it would be wrong morally for Thomas to engage in such activities. Though I agree that it would, indeed, be morally incorrect for Thomas to "steal" the sugar from the table, I agree with Animus. For Thomas to do things that can be considered mistakes at a young age, we must let things like these just play out rather than prevent them. And as result, as Animus brought up, Thomas would learn something fro--"

"NO!" Patton exclaimed suddenly, abruptly cutting off Sanus.The traits all jumped at Patton's sudden outburst.

"N-no..?" Animus asked after recovering from his shock.

"We need to make sure Thomas is a good person, and the only way to do that is by making sure he lives his life as morally correct as possible!"

"Woah woah woah, calm down babes, we all care for Thomas just as much as you do," Somnus said putting his arms out non-threateningly, "but no one is perfect, not even Thomas."

"Indeed. Humans go through their development by learning through experiences, both good and bad," Sanus added.

"Argh!" Patton blurted out frustratedly, "Jeez! My first day and I've already got so much work to do! You all need to make sure Thomas lives a good and honest life, and you can't do that if you're gonna start of by letting him get away with small things like this! You'll start off with small things like stealing the sugar, and next thing you know he's a pathological liar with sticky fingers!"

"Calm down, Patton, it's okay!" Animus said, trying to diffuse the sudden situation.

"This is being blown way out of proport--" Sanus began, only to be cut off again by Patton.

"Y'know what," Patton said loudly, gritting his teeth, "I think I understand why I was created."

"And what do you think that is?" Inquired Sanus.

Patton smirked. "To fix this. This mess! All of you don't know how to correctly care for Thomas! You guys aren't good enough for your host!"

"W-what?!" Animus exclaimed, backing up behind Sanus and Somnus as Patton began to approach the trio.

"Don't worry! I'm just gonna fix a few things around here, is all. And I think I'll start with you guys!"

Sanus stood protectively in front of Somnus and Animus, glaring daggers at Patton. "And how exactly are you going to "fix" us?" Sanus asked, his tone cold.

Patton remained silent, only holding out one of his arms towards him. Patton's hand began to glow blue, getting brighter by the second.

"What do you think you'r--" Sanus began, cutting himself off with a cry of pain as he fell to the ground. He gripped his midsection tightly as he lay there helplessly.

"Sanus! What the hell did you do to him?!" yelled Somnus, falling to his knees next to Sanus.

"Oh nothing... just this," Patton replied, holding his arm out at Somnus. Somnus' eyes widened with fear, and before he could do anything he crumpled to the ground in pain next to Sanus. Animus screamed helplessly from his place on the floor at seeing his two companions on the ground next to him, groaning in pain. Animus backed away from Patton as far as he could, but to no avail. Patton strode towards him, stopping a foot away.

"Don't worry," Patton said with a grin, "I'm only trying to fix all of you."

"You're sick," Animus said, spitting at him.

Patton fumed at that. "I won't miss you." At that, he held his arm out and Animus joined his friends thriving on the ground in pain. Their screams eventually stopped as they all passed out from the intense pain. Patton stood proudly, taking a brief moment to walk over to the control panel and to stop Thomas from taking the sugar, guiding him back to his toys.

After getting Thomas settled, Patton looked down at the three unconcious traits with a grin.

Time to make some changes around here, he thought to himself.