Michelle returned about 10 minutes later with five different dresses. I looked at all of them first and then picked two out of the five to actually try on. Nikki gave me a hand putting them on. Since the shooting I've been self-conscious about my stomach. The scar is healing slowly but it's still an angry red line across most of the left side of my stomach that I don't really want people to see. Since Nikki helped me clean the wound when we got home from the hospital, she is really one of the few people I feel comfortable around.

When I walked out of the dressing room both Alyssa and Pat vetoed the dress right away. I gave Michelle a few more ideas and she left to get some more dresses while Nikki helped me try on the second dress. The second dress was better but it wasn't the one. While we were waiting for Michelle to come back I took a seat in the dress and sipped on some water.

"Before it gets any closer to the wedding I wanted to tell you guys that I've decided that I don't want to have a maid of honor." I said.

"What?" Pat said and looked horrified.

"Can I finish my train of thought?" I asked him. He held up his hands in surrender and I continued.

"I don't want to have a maid of honor because the only person who could fill that spot would have been my sister." I said and looked up at the ceiling to try and keep the tears at bay. "Thea and I have talked about keeping the bridal party small so Alyssa and Nikita will you be my bridesmaids?"

"I thought you'd never ask!" Nikki said and jumped off her chair to hug me.

"It will be an honor to stand by your side on your special day Ash." Alyssa said and gave me a hug when Nikki let go of me.

"We are so throwing you a bachelorette party." Nikki said and giggled to herself.

"Hey, nothing crazy and try to avoid alcohol, I'm still not allowed to drink." I said trying to rein in her wild ideas.

Before we could talk anymore about it Michelle came back into the suite with a few more dresses in hand. I took a look at all of them and felt better about this selection of dresses Michelle picked. I picked up the dress I liked the most and pulled Nikki into the dressing room to help me into.

The dress has simple skinny straps holding it up. The bust is a white lacy pattern and from the belly button down are a few layers of tool. There is a high slit that comes up to the mid-thigh on my left leg. I took breath when I looked in the mirror and spun around in a circle to check out the back. The dress is a perfect fit. I ran my hands over bottom of the dress and turned to look back at Alyssa, Nikki and Pat.

            "I think this is it

"I think this is it." I said and gave them a shy smile.

"You look like a princess Ash." Nikki said.