It took two weeks for Damian to march into class, slam the now torn apart tie onto her desk, and growl 'Not. Funny.' to Marinette. He looked tired, as if he spent all night trying to find the speaker. Marinette realized she probably crossed a line or several and nodded. They had a mutual understanding, you don't cross certain lines and if you do, you don't do it again.

Damian had been preparing for the kill for weeks, their little prank war would soon come to an end. He was almost sad she wouldn't be able to come back from what he was planning. They'd gotten into a relatively heated argument between classes because Damian insulted a girl that threw herself at him and hadn't spoken since. He had a feeling Marinette wouldn't strike first; she likely thought it meant she was alright with his actions and would ignore him until she saw he was repentant.

"Mr. Sulkowski, may I use the restroom?" Marinette asked, she was granted permission and walked out of the room. The lecture continued but Damian had a bad feeling in his gut, and his instincts were never wrong. Damian blocked out the lecture and went into what his siblings would likely call 'League mode.'

Something was coming. The question was what and when.

Marinette walked out of the classroom, having to use the restroom. She softly hummed as she walked through the empty halls and into the bathroom. Marinette heard some rustling outside the bathroom but assumed it was some girls talking.

"Did you see the game the other day?" Someone asked, it sounded like a man- perhaps a substitute, Marinette felt uneasy but decided it was her being paranoid- you can't listen to your gut alone.

Marinette dried her hands and walked out of the bathroom, someone's large meaty hand covered Marinette's mouth, she felt something cold and hard-pressed against the back of her head.

"Listen here. I'm going to move my hand and you're not gonna make a noise or else we're gonna kill Stevie boy over there." Marinette's eyes met Steven Ortiz's, he was tied up with a man in a ski mask putting a finger to his lips as he pointed a gun to the boy's head. She could feel tears prick her eyes, she tried to take deep breaths through her nose, but she was only able to smell the sweat and stink of the man holding her. She can't think straight, praying this isn't as bad as it seems.

He was at GA on a scholarship- the Ortiz kid, basketball, wanted to become a professional player. Marinette nods in understanding, the hand slowly moving from her mouth.

"Now Steve here told us, you have all your classes with a certain Wayne... you're gonna walk us there- quietly. If our friends over here hear you, Steve will only be the first of many. Got it?" Marinette nodded, trying to blink the tears away. She mouthed 'It's okay' to the boy as he cried, eyes begging, for what Marinette didn't know. There were too many people at the school to try and take the guys down. Who knew how many there were?

What's going to happen to her parents?

Marinette can hear the air conditioner whirring with every measured step they take, all she can feel is the hard barrel of a gun pressed against her head.

"I don't want any bullshit, straight to the classroom." The man held both of Marinette's hands firmly behind her back with one hand. He moves some stray hairs with the barrel of the gun so Marinette could see properly. A stray tear fell down her cheek, every sensation hurt, her nerves on fire. Her nose is freezing, mouth dry.

"I don't think I need to tell you what happens if we walk into a room and the rich brat isn't there." If she did as she was told she'd put a classmate in danger, but if she didn't she would endanger the rest of the school who might have a chance of not being aware of the situation until afterward. Marinette walked toward the room, he let one of Marinette's hands go but whispered breathily into the girl's ear. Oh, how she wished the door had a window so they could all hide. It was one of the few doors without one.