2."That was the Last Time"

Start from the beginning

Saving from my waitress job at Deja Vu the best stripclub in town and working a nice secretary job in the mornings I have enough to buy a townhouse for the four of us.

I been had enough

Going towards the triplets room I walked in and see them all pretending to be sleep. Well I know Ayanna and Amir were faking because the snores they were doing was dramatic. But Amaya I knew was knocked out that child will sleep through a natural disaster if no one woke her up.

" Hmm well it seems like everyone's sleep so I guess we won't go see auntie Jenny " with Jhene name drop the two were up and excited

" a sleep over ! Mir get the bag" Ayanna started ordering. I went to the closet and took out everyone's suitcase. I couldn't see anything with the little light I had; going through everyone's dresser and closet I just grabbed all the clothes, shoes, and toys and put them in.

I then walked to Amaya who was still sleep
"Amaya baby wake up" shaming her a bit to not startle her but her siblings had another idea jumping on her bed " GET UP MAYAA!"

She started whining " get offfffff"

" get off your sister and put on your sweater and shoes y'all. Come on baby let's put on some shoes and a sweater"

She reluctantly did as told but I know as soon as she hits that car seat she would be out again. Grabbing the bags and putting them by the door i got the kids into their car seats buckled in. Opening the the trunk I ran to the door grabbing the three suitcases and my duffle and put them in.

Amir spoke up " mom I'm hungry"

I looked at the time and saw that it was about 9:15 pm "your dad didn't feed y'all?"

I watched as Ayanna and Amir shook their heads no while Amaya was fast asleep in her seat. " okay mommies babies we'll grab something on the way okay" he couldn't even feed his kids. I left for work around 11:00 a.m And the kids were at the daycare until 5:30p.m so they haven't ate since... alright Steph calm down

I shut the trunk and went to the front to start the car. I turned the AC on and crack the windows a bit locking the car doors except for the drivers side door to run inside grabbing important files pertaining to the kids and myself and the emergency cash I saved over the years for this very moment.

Going back outside I closed the door behind me. This is the start of a brand new chapter. Getting into the car I said a little prayer " Father God watch over us. I have nothing to fear when I know you are on my side walking with us every step of the way. Keep us safe in Jesus name I pray. Amen."

" amen mommy. Now we get chicken nuggets?" Amir asked

" yea baby. Now we go get some chicken nuggets"

I locked the door and left

That chapter of my life is done and I'm never returning.

I was driving for a good ten minutes when I saw a Wendy's. I check the time and it was 9:37 so they was still open so I turned and knowing my children a bathroom break is needed. " Wake Amaya up NICELY we going inside to get food and a potty break okay." I heard them waking her up as I found a parking spot pulling in I parked and turned around to see all my babies up ready.

I turned the car off grabbing my phone and bag along with my keys then going to Amir's side to take the them out. " alright everyone hold hands and let's gooooo" Locking the car door behind us we walked into the Wendy's going straight to the bathroom.

" umm mommy where's daddy?" Amaya asked. She was the daddy's girl forreal. Technically she was the youngest twin " He went out baby"

She nodded her head accepting the answer as she went to wash her hands in the sink with the rest of her siblings.

Sighing I walked over to them looking at us all in the mirror. These three beautiful kids are my life I smiled as I watched them interact with one another. " alright let's go get those chicken nuggets"

We reached the counter as I ordered for everyone. As the cashier gushed over the three. " oh they're so precious"

I smiled "Thankyou"

I grabbed our receipt and cups. " what y'all want to drink?"

"Uhhhhh I want juice"
"Water"
Amir was stuck on what he wanted "Ohh.. um you know the one that tickles my mouth mama"

"Sprite?"

" yes prite please"

" alright" after pouring our drinks the food was ready. I gave them the important job of carrying the food as we began to leave

Amir and Amaya were still walking towards the door as Ayanna stopped to go grab napkins
I heard Amaya sweet voice say "tankyou" to someone as they opened the door for the two. " Wait for your mama"

Grabbing the napkins for Ayanna we made the short distance to Amaya and Amir to find them waiting with none other than Dave with some shortie

He looked suprised to see me "Susie?"
The girl he was with was trying to touch Amayas hair " your hair is so pretty sweetheart" until she moved out of reach
" No"
I looked at her like see lost her damn mind " don't touch my child before you get slapped"

One thing about Amir he don't play about his food " mama my nuggets cold come onnnnnn"

He looked even more shocked with what Amir said "child....mama?"

I rolled my eyes and left out with my babies without saying a word to him

" come on. y'all can eat in the car"
I finally placed them all in their seats and buckled them all up and pulled the trays out for them to eat on. I closed the door and turned to still see Dave watching me.

I truly hope I never see this man again.

_______________________

Any thoughts????
Sorry for any grammatical errors

Fran