21

Rose are redViolets are blueEveryone is a part of the problemEveryone, including you

Rose are red
Violets are blue
Everyone is a part of the problem
Everyone, including you...

Atlas felt Dani's grip on his shoulder hardened. "What?" she stumbled, "What the heck do you mean? I-I?" For a moment she was lost for words. Atlas could feel her petite hands fumble like she had Parkinson's disease. But something deep down inside her cracked as she found some words, "You know about Gary?" She spat out with great hatred.

Her reaction was like Atlas' when Adam told him what he knew. Although he didn't react right away, he reacted when Adam left an hour later.

The mysterious person who Dani killed was Gary McNeil. He couldn't believe she hid this from him for so long. Gary McNeil? Charlotte's boyfriend, who ran away to Mexico last year? Atlas thought that was super suspicious, but he didn't question it just like everyone else. Now he wished he did because it was a mind-blowing moment to find out that Gary McNeil wasn't in Mexico—He was dead just like his girlfriend.

And what made matters worse was that his death sparked a lot of things, "Yes..." Atlas whispered. "I know about Gary..." He felt her grip loosen as her head dropped.

She grabbed her face and covered her eyes. Now both of them were in disarray, and that wasn't a good thing. One of them needed to have a straight head, "Who? Who told you?" her voice was muffled by her hands, "Was in it in Charlotte's messages? I told her to delete—"

"No," he cut her off as a few shivers travelled down his spine. He had a major headache that just wasn't going away, and he bit too far down onto his fingers to continue, "Adam told me... He told me he helped Charlotte hide the body. He told me that after that day he started to drink heavily." He recited the boy's words, "he had to be impaired to forget something that traumatic."

"Oh god..." She cried, "Chris was right..."

"What?"

She turned her head, "It's nothing." She grabbed her arms and held her body tight.

I know it's more. Atlas wanted to press for more, but he had too many other things rolling around in his brain. He had to tell her more.

"How did my violent act spark something?" she quietly spoke, "I made sure I covered everything up... Charlotte made sure that we covered everything up? Oh god?!" Her body jerked forward as she recalled the memory.

Atlas took a deep breath and rubbed his tired eyes. "I have some theories." He shut his eyes, "but I need to tell you some more drastic things first." He held his fist together, "You see, Adam was over her a week ago. He's been over here every day since. During his time here, he shared things about his life and his dad. And with the terrible things he shared, there was one common factor between all of them."

"Since when are you friends with Adam?" her voice was barely audible.

He wavered, "That's not important right now." He used whatever energy he had left to stand up and pace around the room. He felt had to move around. He couldn't sit still, not with all this information, "That common factor was Last Year."