Warm Hearts chapter 8

May

     Janus was fully mobile again without needed to hold onto anything or falling down. Everything was back to the way it was in August, except Janus had kept his coffee addiction, which Logan was not pleased with, but did not argue nonetheless.

     Over the winter, they have grew unto each other, both figuratively and literally. Yeah, no joking, they cuddled anytime they got. They all mutually agreed that snuggles are pretty neat and they should make it a thing where they watch a movie together in one of there rooms every other day, or some times even a couple days in a row.

     They enjoyed getting together and watching that kind of stuff. Most of the time, it was Disney, but every so often, they would watched Guys and Dolls. They had the film version on DvD, and it was Janus' absolute favorite. It would be his second favorite if they had Chicago on DvD, but still.

     They started going outside more, bit by bit.  As a group, the 6 of them would go swimming all the time. Most of the time, they would swim at the beach. Patton, Roman, and Remus would be having fun in the water as Logan would lay in a beach chair reading until he was pulled into the water, Janus would lay down to relax and sunbathe until thrown into the water, and Virgil would come in when he had calmed his breathing from the other two being thrown in. During late summer's evenings, Janus loved sitting under a tree, watching the sunset, while popping open a bottle of wine. 

     "Hey, Janus?" Janus turned around to see Patton standing besides him. "Yes, Patton?" The dad figure came and sat down next to Janus. "Before you begin, would you like a glass yourself?" "No, I don't drink. Getting drunk sounds scary." Janus let out a chuckle, "Yeah, people can make drinking sound scary, and to an extent it is, but as long as you dont drink a lot, you should be fine and two, your imagined by Thomas. You are not real. You can have wine and have no repercussions. I choose to still get drunk and have hangover and such things to get the full experience."

     "Yeah, but I dont want to risk hurting Thomas." Janus nodded his head up and down slowly as to not make himself sick from the movement. "Understandable, understandable. So, I am guessing that you had a reason for coming out to see me?" Patton's gaze, that had since been on the sunset, was turned swiftly back to pay full attention to Janus. "Yeah, well, I just wanted to check on you, kiddo. You really scared me over the winter."

     Janus smiled, letting his eyes soften to comfort Patton without any obvious signs. "I am feeling a lot better. The trip that this winter had taken me through was painful, tiring, and confusing. It made me think about so many things I thought I had figured out, but there is no pressure. I understand that I was going through a lot, so where the people around me. Even though, every voice was telling me that it wasn't, I knew that I would make it out okay. I knew I was loved. And at the time, that is all that I needed from myself.

     I felt empty and useless for not contributing to the group, in fact, doing the opposite because of you guys taking care of me. But you are right, it was your choice. It shows just how much you care by helping me when I wasn't even awake enough for me to even ask you. Thank you, Patton. I am thankful for everyone else as well."

     All Patton could do now is lean into Janus and hug him tight. He hesitantly returned it, but soon he melted into the touch. "Janus, now that you went through this, what are some better way to help you next winter?" "Well Patton, you guys did everything just right to help me. I felt fine, but what you really need to do is prepare yourself for next winter. If you, or any others,  are going to do what you did this year, don't. You guys need time to take care for yourselves.

     Sit back and chill once and a while. Everyone needs to be doing that, including you, Patton." Patton got a little restless and wiggled a bit at the comment. "Thanks kiddo. I am glad you are feeling better." Patton walked away and Janus poured another glass as he watched the golden warm sun set do down on the Earth's horizon.

                                                                                     ~The End~

Words 772

Wow, Im done with another book. This one was pretty short and simple, but I like short and simple so it works. It feels like all I do is write on Wattpad, but I only have 3 official books done and none of them are even good XD Im happy to know that you made it this far in the book. Have a nice day and stay hydrated.