picking the name - america

"No!" you shouted at your childish husband, "we are not naming our child Clark Kent Jones."

Alfred pouted, "Come on _________. How about Peter Parker Jones?"

You put down the baby name book and stared at your husband, "No."

"Bruce?"

"No."

"Tony?"

You rolled your eyes, "Alfred..."

Your husband walked behind you and stared to rub your shoulders, "How about Steve?"

"Hmm," you thought for a moment, "I like it."

His smiled widely, "Yes!"

Raising an eyebrow you asked, "What's so special about the name St....oh man." Now he wanted to name your child after Captain American (figures huh?). "Alfred, why do we have to name our child after a superhero? They're gonna get teased."

"No they're not, nobody teases a hero!"

"Spiderman...Superman..."

Alfred took your book from you, "Not the point."

"We are not naming our child after a comic book superhero." Reaching up you snatched your book back, "I swear sometimes I feel like I'm married to a child."

After a few minutes there was a strange strangled whine coming from behind you. Turning around you groaned, Alfred was pouting in the corner. Knees pulled up to his chest with a stack of hamburgers sitting next to him. Walking over to him you knelt and hugged him from behind. "Fine if it's a boy we can name him Steve."

"Yes!"

"But if it's a girl we're naming her (favorite girl name)."

"Deal," he said shaking your hand. "Now time for the hero, the hero's wife, and the mini hero to eat! Off to McDonalds."

'Yup, defiantly married to a child,' you thought grabbing your car keys.