"Draught of living death"

"C'mon in." Professor McGonagall called after I knocked on the door. I opened it and looked inside. Draco was in one of the chairs and McGonagall sat behind her desk.

"You wanted to see me?"

"Yes, Miss Sterling. Take a seat next to Mr Malfoy."

I closed the door behind me and walked further into the room, sitting in the other chair. He glanced at me but then looked away.

"You've been failing your classes, Miss Sterling."

"I have?" I asked. We had been back for about three weeks and I've had some tests in different classes but I didn't know I failed them.

"You failed your test in potions and in charms, two of the most important thing for you to become an Auror." McGonagall said. "I know that Mr Malfoy here is great in both of those classes so I have ordered him to tutor you."

"Tutor me?" I asked and looked at Malfoy for a second. He did not look please but neither was I and especially not if he was a death eater. I looked at Professor McGonagall again, shaking my head. "I'm sorry professor but I don't think that's a good idea."

"And why not if I may ask? You need the grades and Mr Malfoy needs to make up for the trouble he made this morning. It's a win-win."

"But-"

"No buts, Miss Sterling. Now go off you two. Next time I see you I want you to have scheduled a time for tutoring."

Draco and I left the room and when the door closed behind us, he turned to look at me. "Tonight at seven in the dungeon. Don't be a second late."

He walked off and I rolled my eyes at him. Jerk. Later that night I walked down to the dungeon after I finished eating. Unfortunately for me, I was late.

"It's ten past seven." Draco said when I entered the potions room. He was sitting in one of the chairs, arms crossed over his chest. "Are you deaf or are you just stupid?"

"You don't have to be rude about it." I said, closing the door behind me. "I had to finish my dinner."

"You could've hurried."

"And you could've chosen a time outside of a meal." I shot back, walking over to the table so sit down. "I am sorry that you have to do this but it's not my choice and you really should just drop the attitude towards me."

"Oh should I now?" he asked, raising his eyebrows at me. "And why is that?"

I didn't say anything which made him smile in amusement. "Maybe you should watch the way you talk to me, your superior."

"My superior." I scoffed.

"Well, aren't you a half-blood, Sahara Sterling? You are. I'm a full-blood but your mother is a filthy little mudblood-"

I pulled my wand as quick as he started talking about my mother and I pointed it at him. He cooed mockingly, standing up. He placed his hands on the table and leaned towards me, my wand now touching his throat. "Making you a half-blood and you do know what that means, right? I'm more important than you and your mudblood excuse of a mother."

I stood up now, making him back up, throwing his hands up in self-defence while staring at me with that amusing smile of his.

"Don't talk about my mother!" I yelled at him. "At least my mother loves me. Can't say the same about your father, can I?"

Draco's face changed from amused to angry. He quickly pulled his wand at me and disarmed me just like he did a couple of years ago. He walked towards me with fast steps and I backed up until I hit the wall.

"You know nothing about my father you pathetic muppet." he growled, pressing his own wand to my throat.

"What are you gonna do, Malfoy? Make me eat slugs again?"

"Maybe I should." he said. "You need to learn to never mention my father like that again."

"And you need to learn to never insult my mother." I replied. "Now, should we start the tutoring session?"

Malfoy lowered his wand and gave me a small nod before he sat by the table again. He opened a book and pushed it closer to me, pointing at a recipe in the book. "That one. That's the one I want you to make."

Draught of living death

"Don't you think that's a bit dangerous?" I asked Draco. "If anyone drinks it they're gonna fall into a death-like slumber."

"I know that, Sterling. We learned about it last week in potions class."

"We did?"

He frowned at me before sighed and rolled his eyes. "Now I understand why you need tutoring."

"Sorry." I muttered. "I've got things to think about so it's not always easy to listen in class."

"And what could possibly be so important?" he asked me, making me freeze as I looked at him. I couldn't tell him that I actually worried for him and the fact that he might be a death eater. If he truly was a death eater, he could kill me in the blink of an eye. "See. You're just dumb and doesn't pay attention."