Chap 16- Sunrahein hein? (سن رہے ہیں)

Start from the beginning

"Sun raha hai na tu? roh raha hu me"

(You're listening? I'm crying?)

"haha what?" he laughed at her informal (borderline rude) vocabulary and mention of crying.

"woh apney ne kaha na..me sunraha hu..tho uskey agey yeh wale gaaney ke liyrics lazim hojatey hein" she explained whilst laughing too.

( you sad 'I'm listening' init.. so its compulsory to add the lyrics of this song ahead of that)

He peeked one of his eyes open, he couldn't miss the sight of her laughing in his arms.

"Heyyy! Aap cheating karahein hein!" she pouted looking at him whilst crossing her arms in front of her and moving out of his hold.

(Heyyy! you're cheating!)

"Agar lazim hi hai tho...lazim hai ke hum bhi dekheinge" he said acting serious, supressing the mischievous smile he held.

(If it's compulsory, it's compulsory that I must see)

"OH MY GOD!...you just made my day...mene kabhi socha nahi tha..ke aap bhi matlab chill type hosaktey hein...uff..Allah tera lakh lakh shukar ke mujhe ek boring shohar nahi diya" she dramatically sighed.

(Oh MY GOD!..you just made my day.. I never thought that you'd be a chill guy..oof Thank god a million! that my husband isn't boring)

"Warna mujhe tho yahi laga tha, ke barey sakth mijaaz uncle type hein aap"

(Or I had thought, you're a very arrogant old uncle type of dude)

"Farakh karna thora mushkil hora hai, ke me isko tareef samjhu ya tauheen?" he more asked then stated.

(it's getting a little hard to differentiate whether this is a complaint or a compliment)

"Nahi nahi mera woh matlab nahi tha...matlab jese ke aap hein...like mene kabhi apko esai normally baat kartey dekha hi nahi....jese je ek baar me aur Falak university se wapis aye aur aap patha nahi kiski shamaat lerahe the"

(No no, thats not what I meant..I mean like ..like I ve never seen you speak so casually . Like once me and Falak came back from university and you were giving someone a good scolding)

He watched her amused as she was speaking, he liked how freely she was speaking to him now and prayed for this comfortability to remain between them.

"..phirme aur Falak baad me apki nakal karahe the..itna maza aya haha.. has has ke hum logo ka bura haal hogaya tha."

(Then me and Falak mimicked you later..it was so funny. our stomaches began aching from laughter )

"Acha?..Aap humari nakal utarahi thi?"

(Oh? so you do my mimicry?)

"m..me nahi F..Falak" she said getting a little nervous now. she thought maybe he got offended hearing that they were mocking him and laughing at him.

(me? no no not me ..F Falak does)

"Falak ko tho me jaanta hu woh esa nahi karti..aur apko bhi thora jaangaya hu..aur aap esa karsakti hein" he stated.