Chapter 7: Good Before the Bad

I propped my feet up on his left leg, putting small specks of dirt on his navy blue scrubs. I took a bite of a turkey sandwich and continued to flipped through a chart. Alex reached over and snatched up the chart. "No. No charts right now. Dinner with your boyfriend." He joked.

"Alex. I need that. Dinner and charts together!" I begged. He shook his head no before lifting a bite of soup into my mouth. I swallowed and nodded. "Good. Should've ordered that. Maybe next time."

We ate in silence for a few moments. I looked up at him and smirked. "You're cute when you eat." I joked.

"Thank you. I think." He responded before getting out of the chair at the sound of his pager. We pecked quickly before he rushed off to the ER. I sat by myself for a few moments before my dad walked in and sat down next to me. I looked up at him and smiled.

"I used to look at the Lexie way. You know, the way he looks at you. He's falling in love with my baby snd there's nothing I can do."

"Dad, it's okay," I smiled "you are still my main man. And I can only dream of a man loving me the way you loved Lexie." We both stood up and hugged before walking to the pit. Alex was no where in sight. I bit the inside of my lip, then trekked up to the on call room to see if he had gone to take a nap.

The wooden door swung open and I got my answer. My intern was next to him. I slammed the door shut before running off. Alex chased after me but I ignored and ultimately ran faster. I ended up outside of Owens office, sitting against the door crying into my hands.

Someone sat next to me and wrapped their arms around me tightly. Only one person was able to do that and he's probably only doing it now because I'm blocking his office. "Don't rub it in," I croaked. He shushed me quietly and kissed me like we would kiss each other for the rest of our lives.

"I love you, Owen." I sobbed.

"I love you..."