Chapter 3: Alex

I walked out of OR 2 from my craniotomy smiling. First a hug and kiss on the head from Owen now my first solo. Nothing could crash this high. I walked to the nurses station where Meredith and Cristina were standing and talking about a patient.

"Hey guys" I smiled. "Meredith I just did my first solo surgery" I exclaimed. She congratulated me and began to question about it when suddenly Cristina spoke up.

"Hey Owen and I are having a party tonight you should bring little sloan!"

I looked at her puzzled for a moment "Owen?" I asked.

"Yeah. Owen" Meredith replied. "You remember Doctor Hunt? That's her husband"

My eyes grew wide and I bit my lip back. "Oh cool. Well I gotta go. I'll try and come tonight" I walked off and wiped the tears from my eyes with my sleeve. The elevator doors opened and Owen walked in as I walked out. He turned around and pulled me next to him as the doors closed.

"What's wrong with my girl?" He questioned.

"Oh nothing's wrong with Cristina. I'm a little upset but you know she's great" I growled. He sighed and rushed his fingers through his messy hair. "Why didn't you tell me. It would have saved me from so much heart ache"

He looked into my eyes, pulling his lip between his teeth. His hand reached over to the stop button and slammed it down seconds before pressing his lips to mine. I was at a stand still for a few moments before wrapping my arms around his neck and let him kiss me. He pulled back and whispered into my ear "if I had told you, you wouldn't fallen for me and let me do that"

I pushed the button to start the elevator again. "Please don't ever talk to me again" I insisted before walking out of the elevator. I was no longer on call and the bar was only a few steps away. I changed quickly before heading over.

It was rather dark. Grungy almost. But joes was home. I climbed onto a bar stool and ordered a burger and a scotch. The guy next to me smiled and looked at me.

"Bad day at the hospital?" He asked before scooting next to me. I nodded and took a sip of my drink.

"The guy I was with is married." I answered. He laughed and ordered me another scotch.

"Your going to need that. Hi I'm Alex Karev. I'm one of the pediatric attendings"

"Oh I heard about you. Love your work and I guess you don't look too bad either" I joked. He smirked and grabbed my hand while throwing down a 20.

"Come with me" he demanded.