Chapter Nineteen

Zachary's POV
⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

My phone went off louder than a bomb and it was time to start my day! It was still a bit dark outside considering it was only 5am right now. I guess I am more of an early bird than a night owl mainly because of how much I have to do per day. I get way too exhausted to sit and stay up all night knowing that I have meetings at 7 in the morning. The stress is unbelievable and sometimes even unbearable but that's what it takes to be a billionaire.

Firstly, I brushed my teeth, brushed my hair applying some fancy gel to it, got dressed in a charcoal tweed three piece suit and finally sprayed some of my favourite Armani cologne. Perfect. I had to look extra presentable today since this was my first time going to the Flair's headquarters. I need to be respected and the way I look matters on my reputation.

...

"H-hello Mr Romano. I see you are early," James said with evident fright in his eyes.

"Yes, I am. Well observed,"

"I am sorry for the delay. My assistant Reia Hilliard hasn't arrived yet,"

Oops! Telling him that I had given Reia a two day leave slipped my mind. It wasn't my fault though because I had bigger thoughts on my mind like trying to suck up to her for some information on how to take over his company. I think it is completely rational for me to forget this minor detail and it's not like he'll say no anyway. They are all to scared to say anything that will not agree with me.

"I have given Miss Hilliard a two day leave so she will be back tomorrow. Is that okay with you, James?" I saw him gulp and stare at me as if I had two heads.

"Oh...Yes. Yes! That's fine! I'll show you around now," I could hear his voice crackle at the end.

...

"That is all," James said.

This building was by far the smallest headquarters I had ever seen. The hygiene needed serious replenishing along with new windows without rust stuck to the sides of them. Does anyone even clean this place? Once this is mine, I will have my work cut out for me.

"Thank you. As for the meetings, what time should we schedule it?" I asked.

I could see James tense up as his eyes went wide open. He stared at me in confusion and looked clueless.

"My meetings are managed by Reia. I will email you tomorrow,"

He couldn't be serious. That massive office for nothing! He doesn't even design or market the clothing or manage his meetings so what does he do all day? I am guessing he just uses his people to do all the work for him and makes the final decision what happens. This man needs to get his shit together because with this attitude I could sweep the company off his feet in a week or two at maximum.

"What do you do?" I asked sternly.

"I am the CEO and owner of Flair's," he said looking rather embarrassed by my question.

The words that came out of his mouth were worse than anything I had expected. He didn't tell me what he did. He stated his title and guess what everyone ready knows that! A title is just a name and if you don't live up to it, it has no value in the world. They aren't there to boast or flaunt. There are there as a recognition of the hard work you put in and the dedication you have committed. I could tell James was more self-conceited than I was even though his worth was in no comparison to mine.

"I already know who you are. I asked what you do." His face flushed deep red and his ears were bright pink. It was easily noticeable that he was absolutely humiliated on the spot.

"I m-manage the company and make sure everything runs smoothly,"

I was right. No surprise there.

"Ah. I see. Well, I will need the meeting times by tomorrow noon as I do not allow tardiness,"

"Yes. Yes. Right away!"

Reia's POV
⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Today was the first time in years that I was going to be out with a friend. The whole idea of it scared the living hell out of me but I needed to do this. I genuinely can't let another person go just because of my fear.

The outfit for the day was a cotton black ribbed crew neck top along with army green camo cargo trousers. I recently bought these basic white chunky trainers to hide my appalling 5"2 height. Not everyone can be tall.

I put on some mascara to make my eyes stand out however I still looked drained. The contour and highlighter to make my cheekbones pop with shine because I didn't want to look as though I had just woken up. I finished everything off with some clear lip gloss. I still looked really plain so I added some silver hoops to spice things up a notch. I was no where near looking pretty but it was reasonably average and that's all I wanted.

My hair was just not cooperating with me today at all! It was just frizzy and all over the place and today was probably the worst day this could happen to me. I just chucked it up in a messy bun after multiple times of me redoing it and let's be honest and admit that no one really makes the "messy" bun 100% messy. I don't know how influencers do their messy bun so cute in one try because it literally takes me 15 minutes to make it look not like a sloppy jumble.

 I don't know how influencers do their messy bun so cute in one try because it literally takes me 15 minutes to make it look not like a sloppy jumble

The café was only a 15 minute walk so I should probably leave in about 5 minutes

The café was only a 15 minute walk so I should probably leave in about 5 minutes. I took a deep breath in and contained my excited nervousness because I really don't want to ruin this for myself. It was a chance to feel happy and in all honesty I can't deny it's a bit lonely at times without a friend. Alaïa seems so nice and I really hope she likes me.

~

Alaïa and Reia's coffee date will be in next chapter so there will be official girl talk! How was the chapter?
Please vote and comment (:

aditixh xoxo