Chapter 37: A Crimson Hue

Start from the beginning

Taehyung's worried gaze then shifted over to Jimin as he watched the omega hold his own wrist and stare onto the ground. Not being able to believe the shocking news he was just told. But of course, he made sure not to reveal too much of his reaction and make the doctor suspicious. Once silence haunted the room, Taehyung watched a tear race down Jimin's pale face that now began to turn into a rosy red.

"Is he okay?" Taehyung asked for Jimin as the omega shot his stare onto the doctor once more, running around the room to collect the remedies and tools he'll need. "Father, is he okay?" Taehyung repeated after silence filled in from before and finally heard his father stop and let out a sigh.

"No, if I'm not quick enough he'll bleed out! Taehyung, I'll need your assistance, come with me," Doctor Kim uttered and watched Jimin cover his face in tears that mocked him into making loud sobs. "Jimin, are you alright?"

"I-I can c-come too right?" Jimin asked through his endless tears and looked up at the elder through his blurry gaze with tears in the way of his sight. No longer being able to hide his emotions from the doctor. "Please... let me go too..."

"Let him come with us, Father. He'll help carry the materials!"

"Jimin can come, but we have to be quick! Take a few kits, we can't take too long!" Doctor Kim said and handed a few crates over to Jimin so he could help carry the weights off the elder man's shoulders.

Seconds weighed into minutes, it was like Jimin was sinking into quicksand as he dried his tears and rushed with the doctor to the palace. Questions spiraled in his head and he couldn't seem to think of his alpha being in so much pain at the moment. His heart carried a healthy view of the king and he was untouched by deadly things like this, so he couldn't imagine how his alpha would look covered in a crimson hue. As he heard from the doctor about an arrow being shot through his chest, Jimin felt a burn within his own all while the path to the building was stretching further and further away.

Once they made it to the palace, the guards allowed them in since they were well aware of the king's condition. Within seconds, a servant guided the doctor and Taehyung to the king's room as Jimin tagged along, playing it off as if he had never set foot in these halls before. But before he could step into the room, Taehyung turned around and stopped the worried omega right at the entry.

"Stay here, we'll let you in when it's over," Taehyung whispered to the older omega, But Jimin only shook his head and refused to go.

"N-No... No! I need to see him!" Jimin cried but Taehyung held a tight grip over the boy. "Taehyung, please!"

"You have to wait until we're done! We can't help him if you're crying and clinging onto him. Right now, there are servants in there, you could risk your relationship with the king being known! If you see his wound, you will also feel it as well," Taehyung's voice then fell into a whisper against Jimin's ear. After, the omega ran his hand down Jimin's shoulder before walking inside the room, he slid the door open and revealed Jungkook laying over the bed.

The king huffed and opened his eyes to see Jimin just outside his door, nothing but the sound of his wheezing was able to be heard from him. A tear ran down the side of Jimin's cheek at the arrow and blood painted over Jungkook's bare chest, after his cotton hanbok was cut and ripped from his body. Once they locked eye contact, the door slid closed and Jimin stepped back, traumatized at the sight he had of Jungkook. The omega then slid down against the wall, looking at the closed doors with tears in his gleaming eyes as more continued to fall like rain. Even then, he too began to feel the pain in his chest.

Jungkook's round eyes closed once again, he couldn't feel the excruciating wound anymore and eventually lost his tight grip on staying awake through this. But no matter what, the pain was too overwhelming for him. Just as his eyes finally weighed in closed, his eyes opened again but in a bright field where he only wore his dark blue robe.

The day was finally perfect, his eyes met with the blue skies above and down over his chest where the arrow used to be, laid Jimin. Jimin smiled as his eyes were glued shut, his hair was long like before and only now, Jimin wore a matching red robe with the same golden dragon designs embedded in every stitch.

Jimin let out a cute giggle before looking up at his alpha and smiling once more. "Let's go to the river," Jimin whispered softly to the king's ear before letting out another contagious giggle.

"Why would we go to the river if we're perfectly fine here?" Jungkook asked and caressed the side of Jimin's soft face. "Lets stay here, the grass is much more comfortable..."

"How do you expect to leave when you don't want to go to the river?" Jimin asked once more as the king only tilted his head and looked into Jimin's eyes.

"Leave? Why would I do that?" Jungkook questioned and watched Jimin let out a sigh before getting up and pointing to a bright light shining in the direction of the river. "What is that?"

"That's where you'll leave," Jimin answered and adjusted the wrinkles to his red hanbok. Jungkook then watched the beautiful omega walk off to the river where he was tempted to follow, but every gut in him fought back to stay on the grass and watch his Jimin leave him.

"Where are you going?" Jungkook wondered, but Jimin spoke no further and finally disappeared beneath the hill. Once the king watched his omega walk off with no hesitation, he quickly got up and began to follow. "Jimin, WAIT!" Jungkook shouted, but his echo didn't bounce back.

While the King raced over to the same hill Jimin disappeared from, he heard a peculiar hiss from a swan right behind him. That alone caused the king to stop and look down where a white and elegant swan began to walk back to the pile of grass he was sitting on before. The King's heart let out a pound as he looked away from the light up ahead. No matter what, the swan kept hissing and grunting until it caught the king's attention completely. He was curious, the way the swan appeared when a river was far up ahead, felt humorous to him.

"The River is this way," Jungkook called out, but the swan only kept making its way to the center of the field. Turning away from the direction to the river and tempting Jungkook to follow deeper into the field and escorting him far from the light. "Is there another way to Jimin?" Jungkook asked as the swan let out a honk and kept waddling. Once the king began to follow the swan, he had no further questions until, he finally woke up from his small dream after growing unconscious in the middle of being healed from his wound.

The room around them was vacant. Only Min Yoongi and Kim Taehyung was present to watch over the king hours after he was fully healed. The arrow was successfully removed from his chest and his wound was coated in only the best remedies to numb his wound. Bandages wrapped around Jungkook's chest as he watched Jimin hug him carefully over the bed, crying in fear of losing his alpha. But there Jungkook was, laying awake and raising his hand up Jimin's hair to count the strands to his short locks again.

"J-Jungkook..." Jimin cried into his alpha's chest desperately until he felt the familiar touch of the king running his hand through his soft hair. The world froze around them once they locked eye contact after such a life threatening scare that left everyone in the room fearing for the young man's life.