English Love Affair

Start from the beginning

"I'm not sure if Harry will want to come out tonight, another show tomorrow remember?" I said.

"If you're out, he will come out," Hélène said with a grin and I felt my cheeks burn but I said no more as we went back to talking about where we were going to go shopping after lunch, ideas popping into our head as my coffee arrived and then all of our lunches, all four of us digging into our food without hesitation.

There was a unanimous silence during lunch, all of us digging into our meals like there was no tomorrow.

Once everything was paid for and we were standing outside, we settled on heading to Selfridges, as there was a shirt that James wanted to try on from Gucci, and I had my eye on a pink Jacquemus dress that I wanted to get my hands on, even though I did not need it.

However, once again Ruby justified my spending, saying that it would get passed around between anyone who wants to wear it on tour, which was true.

My wardrobe was anybodies wardrobe, mainly Ruby though, who would usually come into my room at the last minute and scramble though my suitcase did something to wear for the night.

We eventually reached Selfridges, the streets quiet for a Wednesday afternoon, but none of us were comparing, as it was always better for us when there were less people around, as fans had started recognising us more than usual, which was bound to happen anyway.

We took the quiet afternoon in our stride, Hélène snapping candid pictures of us on her camera, ones that I knew would be beautiful, as all her photographs usually are.

In the back of my mind, I thought about what Hélène had said at lunch, about Harry coming out if I was out.

Did I really have that much control over him, that if I was having a night out, he would want to have one too? If I did, it does not show, as although the two of us are very much in love and are dating, neither of us have expressed that we have to be out when the other person is out.

I thought back to all the times when I used to go out with the One Direction boys, or even the 5 Seconds of Summer boys when they were on tour with us.

A lot of nights, I would end up with Niall and Louis, don't ask me how, that's just how it happened.

Harry would claim that he 'doesn't fuckin wanna go out' and nobody would question it because well, it's Harry and he can do what he wants, but then suddenly I would be in a bar or club with Louis and Niall and we would be dancing or getting a drink and I would feel a hand on my back and I would get ready to slap them away, but it would be Harry.

This would happen more than once, in fact it happened most times I was out without him, and it would happen more when I was with the 5 Seconds of Summer boys, which I never thought about at the time but now looking back on it, it was either a jealously or protective thing on Harry's behalf.

"Anna?!" Ruby snapped and I suddenly realised I had not been listening to a word anyone was saying for the last five minutes.

"Hmmm?" I asked and I realised we were standing out the front of Selfridges now.

"I was just saying do you want to come with me to the Jacquemus section with me to get that dress and Hélène will go with James and then we can meet up later?" Ruby asked and I nodded, so then we were on our way.