You Make Loving Fun

20th of October 2017

Waking up to your phone continuously ringing can either mean something really good has happened or something terrible has happened.

"Hello this is Anna May speaking?" I said into the phone, not even bothering to check the caller ID as my eyes were still adjusting to being open.

"That's a very formal answer from my usual, what's up!" Harry exclaimed over the phone and I let out a soft giggle as I slowly stretched my body out from its sleeping position. "What are you doing right now?"

"I only just woke up, why?" I asked, my morning voice still very prominent from the deep sleep I was just in. I spend most of my mornings when I am home catching up on all the sleep that I miss from touring .

"Well I'm outside your house, we are going on a date."

"What?!" I exclaimed jumping out of bed and talking the very short run to my windows to open my blinds to see none other than Harry standing on the curb, fully dressed with a smile on his face. "You couldn't have told me this yesterday?"

"Cute pyjamas," he laughed as he sent me a wave. My cute pyjamas consisted of an old Fleetwood Mac t-shirt and a pair of red and white checkered shorts that are way too big to me. "You also told me that you wanted a surprise, so here I am."

"Well yes this one is on me I guess," I laughed, still staring at him from my window. "Alright I'll be down as fast as I can."

"Well I'm not going anywhere," he said and I just nodded to myself before hanging up the phone and running to my shower, taking turns fastest shower possible before throwing my hair into a ponytail and finding an outfit in my wardrobe that I liked, not bothering with makeup as there was definitely no time for that today.

I took one look at myself in the mirror attached to my wall before giving myself a satisfied nod and running downstairs to the empty kitchen as Lauren and my mum were both at work today, meaning the house was unusually quiet. I grabbed a musli bar and a chocolate chip cookie to eat on my way out, healthy, I know but I assumed Harry and I would be grabbing something to eat on the way to wherever we are going.

"Hi!" I called out to Harry who was leaning against his black Range Rover, wearing a pair of pink corduroy trousers, a white graphic t-shirt and a psychedelic style shirt, sunglasses resting perfectly against his black Range Rover with a bright smile on his face.

"Hey Anna, nice of you to join me," he laughed as I shoved the cookie in my mouth and rolled my eyes at him as I chewed it quickly, probably looking slightly ridiculous. "I'm just kidding, you look cute."

I smiled at him as he kissed the top of my head before running to the passenger side of the car and opening the door for me, which made me blush as he was taking this whole thing so seriously. Not that I thought he would not, I know Harry is a romantic but you hear stories of close friends who start dating and the only thing that really changes is the physical aspect and nothing else. It's nice that he is making an effort to make our friendship go to a relationship.

"Such a a gentleman," I said as I climbed into the car.

"Only for you," he said with a grin before shutting my door and running back to the drivers seat, getting ready to take us to wherever we were going for the day.