Nervous

1st of October 2017

I have been avoiding Harry ever since yesterday night, as I was not sure how to tackle this situation head on. We are currently in Washington for the show tonight and I was still lying on my hotel room bed, not ready to face anybody, especially Harry.

I knew that him saying he was jealous was going to change our friendship and I think that's what made me so nervous to confront him, because I did not want anything to change between us, even though now it was inevitable that it was going to.

I eventually pushed the thought of Harry out of my mind long enough to get ready for the day, settling on a patterned blouse and black trousers, wearing the infamous Nicholas Kirkwood pearl boots to pull the outfit together.

I wasn't too sure what everybody was doing today, considering I have not spoken to anybody since the end of the show last night, as I was able to change my flight from this morning to last night, meaning I left Boston pretty quickly without talking to anybody, which was dumb because I definitely should have told Ruby and James that I was leaving earlier than them.

I grabbed my phone and my black Dior saddle bag before leaving my hotel room and walking literally smack bang into the last person I was ready to see, Harry fucking Styles.

"Shit, sorry Anna," Harry said looking down at me and for the first time in a long time, he looked really tired and stressed.

"You okay?" I asked out of instinct and his reaction was that of a person who was not expecting to be asked that. "Sorry, you just look really tired."

"Yeah I am, I didn't sleep well and to be honest, I'm really fucking hungry," he laughed which made me giggle and things almost felt so normal that I was trying to convince myself that we weren't going to have to talk about what happened last night, even though I knew at some stage we were going to have to.

"Do you want to get brunch?" I asked and he nodded with a smile on his face. "Alright, let's go then."

Harry and I walked to the elevator, Harry complimenting my outfit, to which I went into great detail about all the shopping I had been doing on tour and how I am always keeping my eye out for unique and different pieces to add to my wardrobe. I was rambling, a habit I do when I am nervous around someone.

"What do you want for brunch?" Harry asked and I tried to rack my brain for a place that did good food but would not be too busy, as I knew Harry was not in the mood to be harassed by paparazzi.

"Milk and Honey is good and it isn't too busy," I suggested and Harry nodded, telling me that he would order an Uber so we did not have to walk.

There was still so much unresolved tension between us which was making my mind clouded and confused, as I desperately wanted to talk to him about what he said yesterday but I just did not know how too. It was like trying to ask your parents for a favour when you knew they were going to say no, totally fucking awkward.

The Uber ride was mostly Harry making conversation with our driver, which he always does so easily because he is one of the most charismatic people I know. I chimed in every now and then but they were mostly talking about American football, something I did not understand, as I follow one team and one team only, Manchester United.

Harry and I found ourselves in a corner booth at brunch, Harry ordering a serve of the waffles and fruit, while I was as basic as ever and ordered smashed avocado on toast with an iced latte, Harry ordering a green juice, something he has every morning the day he has a concert.

"I guess we need to talk, yeah?" Harry said and it came out more like a question and I nodded, our food sitting in front of us but now I felt too sick to eat. I knew it was inevitable that Harry and I needed to talk I just did not think it would be happening right here right now.