Where Were You In The Morning?

Start from the beginning

"Harry," I sighed, still gripping at my food and coffee which made me feel oddly ridiculous. "You not coming back to the hotel last night is probably the worst thing you could have done."

"I know and I feel awful and stupid but I just didn't know what to do!" he exclaimed and I slowly nodded, Harry's obvious lack of communication skills coming into play here.

"How about the fact we could have had a rational conversation instead of you going out and getting drunk with your mates, leaving your girlfriend alone in a hotel room in a city she doesn't know?" I sarcastically suggested, taking a sip of my coffee in the hope that it would somewhat calm me down.

Spoiler alert: it didn't. 

"I know golden girl," he said before I cut him off.

"- don't call me that."

"Okay okay, I know Anna and I'm sorry. I know I was somewhat in the wrong but seeing that you were with Jasper after I hadn't responded to your texts felt like you were just doing it to spite me."

Ouch.

"Harry, I would hope that you know by now that I am not a spiteful person," I said calmly, his words hurting more than I would care to admit. "Jasper was just there by coincidence and considering we were on a tight time constraint, he thought it best that he take us on a tour of the highlights of the gallery."

"Why was he even there in the first place?" Harry asked, sounding exasperated and desperate for an answer, even though I already gave him one yesterday.

His eyes were searching mine for the truth, almost if as he was waiting for something bad to happen.

"His parents basically own the gallery, he was there on an off chance Harry, I told you this yesterday."

I let out a deep sigh, wanting to go to sleep and forget that this was happening, as it felt so foreign to be fighting with Harry, as even as friends, we never fought, we were always on the same page.

"Do you promise me?" Harry asked with pleading eyes and I nodded, knowing that if this is what it took for Harry to drop the subject and for both of us to move on from the fight, I let the fight end like we were both sixteen and in high school.

"Harry, you know that I love you. I would never do anything to jeopardise that," I sighed, a look of guilt washing over Harry but for some reason, this fight has left me feeling shaken and unsure of what is going to come, but I desperately tried to put it out of my mind, as we had a plane to catch and a tour to finish, and I did not want our relationship to come between that.

"I know, I love you too," he said, walking over to me slowly and stretching out his arms and I awkwardly wrapped my around his body, Harry smelling like stale alcohol and cigarette smoke but I left it alone, as I noticed he never really properly apologised and just tried to shift the blame around.

"We should get back to the others, we will be boarding soon," I said softly and Harry nodded as I walked over to the door and unlocked it, Harry and I swiftly walking back to where everyone else was as I munched on my croissant, as I was starving and wanted to finish it before we got on the plane.

I sat down with James and Ruby who had worried looks on their faces and I placed myself down on James' left, both of them turning to face me.