fourteen

Yoongi taps his feet, fidgeting, since he has nothing to do, till Jin comes out of the room.

Anyplace would be better than this hospital, that's what he believes. Its midnight. Yoongi would choose to be anywhere around the world with Seokjin than here. Either they both could lay in the grass and gaze at spectacular stars, or spend hours on end tangled up in between sheets. 

He shudders at his thoughts, yet he can't prevent imagining scenarios of them living together.

Seokjin is such an empathetical beautiful being. His kind eyes and shy smiles causing him to be beyond artistic, someone he dearly wants to keep close.

He opens his Instagram to check any messages from Taehyung or in the group chat. Should he message Namjoon and inform him about Seokjin?

Because he should know about his best friend, yet he decides to do that tomorrow.

"Let's go to the ward," Seokjin asks, as soon as he spots Yoongi, sitting in a chair outside the nurse's office.

Their footsteps echo across, the hallway where the nurse waits for Jin. She makes Jin sit on the bed and prepares the IV fluid. Yoongi stands next to them, examining Seokjin's face for any discomfort, except he lies there, expressionless. She injects him, then inserts the pipe in his hand. She hangs the container on a stand.

"What did she say?" Yoongi sits in the bed, next to Jin, their shoulders touching.

"I can leave tomorrow, and later come to pick up the test results." Seokjin shifts to make space for Yoongi. His hands automatically stretch out for the youngers. He attaches his fingers in his palm, softly caressing them.

Yoongi exhales audibly, his cheeks turning rosy as he recollects his more initial thoughts. He wants to shove Jin in the bed and kiss the life out of Jin, and pull his messy hair, disregarding Yoongi stays still.

"I feel guilty you missed sleep because of me, and now you might not go to class. I am sorry for putting you through all this." He speaks with his heart heavy. Here Jin wanted Yoongi to think of him as someone being perfect, the way the world views him, yet he can't help but gradually show the vulnerability, insecurities, and layers of self-misery bare in front of him.

"You know, I could be anywhere else in the world, yet I prefer to be here with you." He takes hold of Jin's hands, now their fingers threading collectively, "You wouldn't have called me, then I would be sleeping in my room, alone, which I do every other night. Still, now we are together, and I have company."

"You get lonely too often," Seokjin says, questioning him, also stating it out like it's a fact.

"You aren't wrong." Yoongi continues, "Aren't we all? In some way."

Well, I don't want you to be alone any longer.

"We can be each other's companion." Seokjin glances at Yoongi, his eyes boldly exploring the boy, his flushed cheeks, black raven hair, remarkably long eyelashes, and rosy lips. Seokjin's lips part open at how mesmerizing the boy truly is.

Yoongi blinks at the older. Examining the changes in the air, this tension is mutual, the air heavy with questions and attraction. Without analyzing, he licks his lips and watches Jin gulp. He sees Jin lean closer, and that's when he panics.

Yeah gAypaNic~

"I am hungry, and I will get us some food." Yoongi pulls his hoodie low to cover his crotch. "You have any preferences?"

"No, you eat and come back," Seokjin says, smiling softly. His eyes, never leaving Yoongi's puffy lips. 

"Then I will get some fried chicken for us you are eating with me, and I won't take a no as an answer. We have to make sure the nurse doesn't see." Yoongi pauses, "You better not fall asleep. Wait for me." 

...

The hallway of the hospital is empty, it's one at night, and Yoongi paces towards the ward. Seokjin has his legs folded, and he seems to be busy watching something on his phone.

"Let's eat. I am starving." Yoongi places the food in the bed between them, opening the package with rushy hands.

Seokjin's eyes light up at the sight of food. He waits patiently; till Yoongi settles down, and they both jump at the food.

"When did you last eat?" Yoongi shifts in his seat, facing Jin.

"Afternoon, I guess," He replies, drinking some water.

"And you said that you ate?" Yoongi scoffs, looking at Seokjin.

I wish I had reasons to take care of you without being the coward I am now.

They spend the night talking, and suddenly the night isn't gloomy anymore.