everyone mounted their pieces. hermoine and ron had a quick conversation while the two staring at other pieces in shock.

"you there, d-5!"

a black pawn moved, diagonal to a white pawn. the lighter one raised it's sword and swung it at the darker pawn, debris flying every where.

each turn, each move, put the kids in more risk.

"wait a minute," harry began, realizing something. maddy was confused, so she looked around the room and realized the same thing when her eyes landed on ron.

"you understand right, harry? once i make my move, the queen will take me, then harry will be free to check the king."

"no, ron, no!" harry shouted.

"no ron, you can't! there must be another way!"

"there's not," maddy mumbled, sharing a knowing nod with the red-head who was about to sacrifice himself.

"harry, it's you that has to go on. i know it. not me, not hermoine. you! and take maddy with you," he paused, taking a deep breath. "knight to h-3."

his horse moved to the correct spot and he let out a shaky breath.

"check."

the queen raised its sword, smashing the knight into pieces and sending ron flying. once he landed, debris started hitting him in the face.

"ron!" hermoine tried running to the injured boy, but harry stopped her and moved to his spot.

"checkmate."

the game ended, and harry ran to maddy, helping her off so they could find snape quicker.

"look after ron, take him to madam pomfrey and alert dumbledore immediately. ron was right, it's us two that have to go on."

"you two will be okay. you're both amazing wizards, you really are," hermoine spoke softly.

"not as good as you," they said at the same time, chuckling.

"me? books and cleverness? there are more important things. friendship and bravery. just be careful."

the two nodded and ran over to the door, preparing themselves as they opened it.

professor quirrell turned around when the two who lived appeared near him.

"i was given specific directions not to hurt you," he directed to the girl, shooting her with a sleeping spell.

bitch didn't even last a whole minute.

𓆉

"alright there, ron?" harry asked the red-head, walking next to a still injured maddy who had woken up when everything ended.

"alright, you two ?" he chuckled.

harry shrugged and then pointed at maddy's stained arm, nudging her in the direction of the hospital wing.

"we're alright, hermoine?"

"never better."

maddy missed the whole house cup thing in the great hall due to getting patched up, but she was really glad she did go. her arm was hurting like hell.

𓆉

"don't be a stranger, malfoy."

"never," draco smiled, looking around and quickly hugging the only person he found tolerable.

"i'll see you in two months," she smiled back, walking to where the weasley's were standing.

"maddy!" ginny exclaimed, jumping into the older girl's arms. the taylor girl recovered and hugged back. she didn't want to leave the sweet girl hanging.

"what a year," ron chuckled.

oh if only they knew what they had ahead of them.

short movie and short chapter, i know, sorry! (i apologize a lot my bad)
there wasn't much i could fit maddy into since she doesn't talk and isn't friends with the golden trio, but she will get more lines and chapters/parts will be longer starting around the prisoner of Azkaban?

word count- 1054
date written- september 16, 2020