dada? BOI DO I LOOK LIKE-

I was too hungry to think about the words that burned against my ears. My vision became blurry and all I could see was walking silhouettes. I felt my new fangs poking at my bottom lip, little droplets of blood. I grabbed onto the nearest person I could find, my teeth ready to sink into their soft cold flesh. They smelled so sweet. Like dead roses. They gave a low feminine chuckle and took my arms, taking me to a nearby alleyway. I don't know why, but I let her.

"Drink little fledgling, go ahead." With that, I lost all control, teeth sinking into her ivory skin. The blood was so amazing and sweet it tasted like chocolate pie. Damn, I love chocolate pie. I kept drinking and drinking, feeling as if somehow I hadn't gotten enough. The woman pushed her back gently.

"That's enough little one. Calm down" she pushed her back and looked into my red eyes with her own golden eyes. Her voice was like honey, her brown wavy hair was put into an elegant ponytail and she wore a short red dress with a leather jacket and a little black purse held together by a delicate chain. She cupped my cheek.

"How do you feel now darling?" I was dazed and stared into her eyes, my head unintentionally leaning into her hand.

"You taste like that good good" I slurred. She chuckled and patted my cheek

"Wow, you're out of it huh? My name is Camille." I hummed and put my face in her chest. My stomach felt warm but I was still hungry. Camille didn't even blink. She looked out at the street and pushed me back.

"I'll go get you a human to eat" Camille said, turning to leave.

"A human?? Wait wait wait. Isn't that murder?" I wasn't dazed enough to forget that.

"Would you rather eat rats?" She remarked awaiting my response. When I gave none, she continued, her hand fumbling for something in her pocket.

"Human it is. Sit tight, I'll be back soon" And with that, she disappeared with a flutter of small wings and a squeak.

I sat on the curb in a dingy alleyway. My rationale slowly came back to me. When I left I hadn't been thinking and I didn't have so much as a watch, not even thinking about my phone. I wanted to talk to Arron. As nice as Camille had been, I didn't know her. Arron left me, a fledgling, with no direction.

"That motherfucker!!" I yelled into the wind and got a reply by a clearly older woman yelling "shut up" and some other very rude muffled profanities. Camille came back a few moments later holding a scrawny little man by the collar of his shirt. He seemed dazed and was silent.

"I compelled him. Drink it little one" I was initially hesitant, but the hunger was too strong and I gave in. He was not at all sweet like Camille had been, he was more like peanuts with too much salt. Vampire blood was so much better. Camille smirked and giggled.

"SOOooooooo who was that?" I asked wiping the unconscious man's blood off my mouth.

"Stupid drug dealer screwed me over. I owe you for that shit"

"....Oh?"

She once again plunged her hand into her jacket pocket drawing out a small metal altoid's case, but instead of the mints, it was filled with a white powder. It was then that I noticed the length of her nails and what she was doing. I shifted my gaze to my bare feet as I heard her inhale, and exhale with a satisfied grunt.

"Does coke even affect you?" I asked, morbidly curious.

"It gives me the high but I don't die from it. Just every once in a while I get all twitchy and my nose bleeds." I nodded slowly, standing up. She took my hand and started walking me out of the alley, towards the downtown.

"Where are you taking me exactly?" I gave her a confused look.

"The Nexus. We have to get you registered." Camille replied, sniffing. Apparently she got some coke stuck in her nose.

"I have to get registered?? To be undead??"

"I mean they have to know you exist, or else you're a rogue. Common hon. Be smarter than that." She patted my head and with one last aggressive sniff, she dislodged the coke.

"HAH got it." She smiled and pulled me through a throng of bar-goers. I breathed in deep and caught a whiff of alcohol off a woman in a dark blue shimmery dress. We passed by several different stores getting ready to close.

"Why are we going downtown? I thought we were going to the Nexus?" I asked abruptly, being stopped by Camille. She released her grasp on my wrist.

"We are. Where do you think it is?" She asked gesturing to the entrance to the local mall. "The Nexus for all the area's vampires is the mall?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes but also no. It's inside the mall." Camille said, walking inside. I followed after as if I was going with my friend, Kasey, as we had every week in the summer of 9th grade. I thought of her. Her home was so close.

As I passed the sliding glass doors I was met with the familiar air blaster and the smell of the food court mingling with B.O. 

Ah, the mall. 

And it's late late closing time. I gazed to my left where the smell of Auntie Anne's pretzels enticed me but I didn't feel the rumble of my pretzel hungry stomach and I figured I'd probably never feel it again.

"Alright now, where is that mirror." Camille muttered under her breath. "You know where the mirror is?" she turned to face me. Camille's hair was long enough to just lightly brush her shoulder as she turned her head.

"You think I know?" I crossed my arms over my Black Veil Brides t-shirt. "Of course not. Well, where would you put a portal mirror?" she was gazing down the store lined hall but I got the impression she was only half looking for the right store.

"I don't know. Somewhere no one goes." I pondered and after a short pause Camille replied

"To Dillards then." and grabbed my wrist again. Stepping inside the store I remembered coming here as a kid and remembered passing through 4 different departments of clothing.

"Camille.." my sentence trailed off as she also saw the number of departments. She made a face of despair.

"One by one..." she sounded exhausted already.