Welcome to the FBI

:TW- Mentions of rape and suicide:

I'm early. I'm extremely early. How embarrassing. I breathe deep, sitting at the round table alone. I put my foot next to my messenger bag as I go through the file Aaron Hotchner gave me.

Its my first official day working as a behavioral analyst for the FBI. Of course, I'm nervous, I showed up way too early. I keep bouncing my leg and it won't stop.

I hear the door click and it slowly opens. I look over to see a guy walk in. He has short, slightly tousled light brown hair. Which I'm drawn to first. I then notice his hazel eyes, wearing a squint on his face. He tilts his head and stops in his tracks.

"Uh, can I help you?" he asks.

"Oh," I say, standing up. "I'm Alexis Winters." I hold out my hand with a smile.

He pauses for a moment, thinking. Then he takes a few steps towards me and shakes my hand.

"Im part of the behavioral analysis unit. Today is my first day." I say, we pull away from our grip on each other. He slowly sits down in the chair next to me, not taking his eyes off me as if I planted a bug.

I sit down in my seat and look at the guy that won't stop staring at me. I tilt my head as Aaron Hotchner walks into the room. The guy breaks his concentration from me and looks at Aaron. He gives me a nod as he walks over to the table.

"Good, I see you two have met. You will be working closely together." Aaron says.

"Why didn't you tell me we were getting a new team member?" the guy says.

"So you wouldn't have time to express your distaste for a new team member. As you all tend to do."

I breathe deep. God, it's like high school. Being the new kid, no one liking you. I close my eyes and open them again.

A handsome guy with light brown skin walks in. He looks at me and smiles.

"Ah, new girl." He says, walking over to the table and leaning over it, extending his hand.

I lean forward in my seat, extending my hand as well, shaking his.

"Alexis Winters." I say, with a smile.

"Derek Morgan." He says, we unlock hands from each other and he takes a seat.

"Alright, now that we know Alexis, she's new to our team. She's going to help us out on a case that was recently just opened back up, by her." Derek and the guy sitting next to me look at me.

"As we know, JJ is gone for two weeks so be thankful for the extra help. Alexis, it's your first day, I want you to present this case."

I breathe deep and nod, standing up from my chair. I walk over to the white board and begin writing.

"Okay, so four years ago, suicides have been popping up at different hotels all over the United States this went on for two years and then it stopped." I list the states on the board and then turn my attention to the profiles, sitting at the table. "the girls, ages 23-29. All cuts to the wrists. It's not suicide. Recently, in the past few months, these girls dying are being raped. These are murders. I'm connecting these events together. The age range is the same.
They're dying in hotels, still cuts to the wrist. All girls have long dark brown hair and green eyes. It's clearly not a coincidence."

"Why would he come out of the blue and start raping women if he didn't do it in the past?" Derek Morgan asks.

"Because, he's not being satisfied enough." I say.
"He used to get a thrill of killing them." I begin to pace in front of the white board. "He finds the idea of suicide beautiful. A girl, motionless, bleeding from the wrists. But, something in his life has changed, switched his perspective. He wants to take full advantage of these women before he kills them. My guess is that he somehow formed a relationship with someone and they aren't satisfying him, that's why he's raping now." I put the marker down on the whiteboard tray and look at the guys. "We're looking at a male, late 20's early 40's. Bad past, probably mommy issues. He's a psycho serial killer."

"Thank you, Alexis." Aaron says.

I nod and go back to my seat and sit down.

"Alright, I want you all to find more connections. Do as much researching as you can. Get back to me when you find something." Aaron stands up. "Alexis, I'll show you to your desk."

I stand up, grabbing my messenger bag and following him out of the room. We walk down a few steps and step into the bullpen where all the desks are.

He walks over to the end of the rows and puts his hand on the chair. "this is your desk. You can set it up however you like. Break room is over there and bathrooms are down the hall."

"Thank you, Aaron." I say.

"We really do look forward to working with you." He adds before walking away.

I breathe deep and sit down in my chair, admiring my new desk. I lean over, setting my messenger bag on the ground. I notice a pair of shoes standing in front of my bag.

I look up to see the guy that was sitting next to me in the room.

"Hi," he says. "I realize I never introduced myself. I'm Spencer. Uh, Dr. Spencer Reid." He gives a small smile.

"It's nice to meet you Spencer." I smile.

"My desk is diagonally from yours, so if you need anything, I'll be there."

"Thank you." I say, he gives another smile and walks back to his desk. "hey," I say, turning around in my chair to face him. He stops at his desk and turns to look at me. "Are we gonna have a problem cuz I'm new?"

He opens his mouth and closes it. I know what he's thinking, about what Aaron said, 'So you wouldn't have time to express your distaste for a new team member.'

"I don't think we'll have a problem. I think you'll fit right in."

We look at each other for a moment and then he sits down at his desk. I breathe deep and turn around, getting to work on the case.

We won't have a problem. Good.