A Love Lost or A Lost Love

Beginne am Anfang

"Why are we going to Naruto's?" She snatched her hand away and he placed his now cold hand on the steering wheel.

The relaxed feeling was gone and her face held contempt, "I need to ask him to walk me down the aisle."

Obito's face now contorted, "Oh," was all he said as he turned onto the street Naruto lived on.

Obito parked and Y/n still wouldn't look at him, "Stay in the car, please." He couldn't deny that he wanted to go in, but how could he face Naruto? The sound of her voice broke him even more and he looked at the front door as he spoke.

"I told Naruto I love you," well the idiot had really done it now, "I told him I'd protect you-"

"Stop it," she cut him off, "I'm not doing this. I don't have the time. I don't have the desire. I don't have the will. I don't have emotions. The last two weeks have been shit, and I'm tired. Just let me get this over with, and then you can take me back to the mansion."

The door opened and slammed closed before he could even muster the strength to answer her. Her voice reminded him of the night he held her in the bathtub, she needed him and he couldn't even see that. Had they drifted that far apart? He could always sense when she was upset, or angry, or if anything was off, and he couldn't even see that she was falling apart right in front of him.

The knock on the door was followed by a cheerful 'I'm coming!' and she braced herself for the happy man she called her brother. The door swung open and he was indeed grinning ear to ear. Naruto saw his sister and his face went from happiness to disappointment in a matter of seconds. He glanced at the driveway and Y/n could see Naruto's mind working.

"Obito is waiting in the car," she probably shouldn't have said that, but Naruto wasn't an idiot like a lot of people thought. "Madara doesn't like for me to leave the mansion alone." Another revelation she could've kept to herself.

"Are you okay?" Naruto would always worry about her, older sister or not, but he didn't have to like her choices.

Y/n smiled, "I'm fine, Naru," he smiled again, not as bright as normal, but still a small glimpse of the brother she loved. "I wanted to ask you if you would walk me down the aisle-"

"No," he bluntly stated, "I won't be attending either. Nor will the Hyuga family."

The wind was knocked out of her and she couldn't stop the tears even if she wanted to, "Naruto-"

He shook his head, "I don't support this decision," he hated seeing her like this, but he hated her marrying that asshole even more.

"You said as long as I was happy," her voice shook and she wiped her eyes quickly, but it was futile.

Naruto looked back out to the car, "And you're not happy. Whatever you're mixed up in," he looked at her again, "let me help, Sis."

That broke her even more, "Naru," she sobbed and he caved, bringing her into a hug. "I'm sorry," she cried as she held onto him, "I'm so sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?" He asked in a soft voice.

She pulled away, "You can't help me," her nose was puffy and eyes red, "I'm sorry, Naru, I'll fix this."