For a second, she feels disgusting, because once again; that's bad.

This isn't supposed to be happening.

But then... Alma just gave her her phone number.

She bites back a full grin by biting her lip, making her smile a little smaller as she's unable to get her eyes off of the younger girl's beautiful handwriting.

She makes sure to put it in her pocket, and she doesn't pay it any attention until she's home. She looks at it again, thinking of her best friend's words.

She really isn't supposed to be doing this. She should throw it away and tell Alma that this isn't happening when she sees her again, but at the same time she truly feels like it can't be that bad.

It is, though. She thinks again.

And dang it, she really doesn't have anything to lose.

She looks at her phone for a few long minutes, anxiously biting her lip at the thought of what she's doing. She knows she's going to give in, she just doesn't know what to say.

To: Alma😻
From: Me
Hi.

From: Alma😻
To: Me
I knew you were going to give in. What's up ?

To: Alma😻
From: Me
I really think that we shouldn't be doing this

From: Alma😻
To: Me
Who cares? This can be our little secret.
I promise I won't tell anyone
I'm not messing with you

To: Alma😻
From: Me
*insert adress*
Whenever you're ready, we can talk/hang out
Seen.

Lauren jumps when her doorbell rings. She gets up from her chair where she was planning her next class, and opens the door.

She isn't that surprised to find those beautiful blue eyes looking at her on her front door step.

"Hi." The young girl says with the actual cutest smile, and Lauren nervously smiles.

"Hi."

She takes a step aside for the girl to come in, and her smile disappears when she realises.

This is actually happening. Alma's in her house, they're going to hang out and both of them want it.

"Do you want something to drink?"

"Nah, I'm good."

"Okay. I was um... Working in the kitchen but we can d-"

"Okay, can I sit with you?"

"Uh- sure." Lauren says, taking in Alma's comforting scent.

She expected this to be awkward but it's actually not that bad. As Lauren is working, Alma's just hanging out and talking with her as if they've known each other for years.

Then, when Lauren's done, they migrate to the couch where they talk and talk again.

"I don't even know your name." Alma says, and Lauren looks up to look in her eyes.

"It's Lauren."

"Lauren..." she repeats. "It suits you. It's really pretty. You're really pretty."

Lauren nervously chuckles.

"You're really pretty too."

"I know you're not supposed to ask a lady this question but... How old are you?" Alma asks, playing with the hem of her shirt as Lauren's playlist is going off as a background noise.

"I just turned twenty three in June. How old are you?"

"I'm actually nineteen. I started preschool a year later."

"Really? Why?"

"I wasn't in this country, I lived with my dad in Bosnia. But he passed away and I had to go live with my mom."

"Are things okay with your mom?"

"Yeah, we're good. I lived with my dad because most of my family was there, and my mom was in Miami for work."

"So you don't have any siblings?" Lauren asks, genuinely intrigued.

She could listen to Alma's sweet voice for hours.

"I do. My mom got married two years ago, I have a little sister. She's not two yet, her name's Tamsin, she's adorable and she actually inherited of my mom's awfully crazy hair too." She chuckles, and Lauren smiles at the sound.

"And with your stepdad?"

"Well... He's not awful. He just... He rarely passes the vibe check, ya know. Do you have siblings?"

"Yeah. I have a brother, Chris, he's twenty and my sister Taylor is sixteen. I love them but they do get on my nerves quite a lot."

"Yeah, my sister can get quite annoying too."

Lauren enjoys Alma's company. Getting to know each other, just chilling in the living room is actually something she loves to do and she wishes they could lay there all night or forever but unfortunately Alma has to leave.

Lauren falls on her back in the couch just thinking about her afternoon.

All of these things she didn't know about her, and all of these details on her face that she had never noticed before but already loves.

She can't stop replaying this perfect day, wishing there is more to come.