Chapter 3

in which she enters the house of creepy elf heads.

"We aren't here to hurt you." Remus Lupin said, moving forward cautiously, hands stretched outwards to show that he wasn't going to harm me.

"Then tell me what's going on!" I said, hand with the switchblade moving back in front of me, even though it was shaking now.

"Once we get somewhere safe we can." Tonks said, stretching a hand out as she came to stand a little ways in front of the lankier man. "I know that you know you can trust us." She added softly.

My gaze dropped to my sister, who was clutching the back of my shirt, hiding herself from the people in front of us.

I had to make the safer decision.

"Only if you promise to explain everything." My hand dropped to my side, flicked the switchblade shut.

My sister edged out from behind me, staring at the purple haired woman and the man with the scars, briefly looking at Kingsley, who had been standing silently in the back.

"It's time to go." He said, voice deep as he cast a glance at the alley entrance.

I nodded at him, helping my sister get her backpack on and sliding my own on, and she grasped my hand right after.

"Don't be scared. They're gonna help us." I hope. I told her quietly, and she nodded as we began walking, Kingsley leading the way, Lupin flanking, and Tonks walking next to us.

"I'm sorry if we scared you. It wasn't our intention." She apologized as we walked, and I gave her a slight nod.

"If what I think is going on is happening, then you're completely forgiven." I said, glancing around.

We had walked into a neighborhood, and my eyes widened as I realized where we were going.

"Twelve Grimmauld Place. That's where we're going isn't it?" I breathed, turning to Tonks.

She looked stunned for a moment, but quicly shook the look off her face. "Dumbledore mentioned that you might know about this." She said, and we came to stop in front of two buildings. Eleven and Thirteen. Twelve was missing.

"Think of it. Of what you just said." Remus said, and the five of us turned to face the building, and when I started to think of the building, Twelve Grimmauld Place, and a battered door emerged out of nowhere from between numbers eleven and thirteen, followed quickly by dirty walls and grimy windows.

My mouth dropped. "This can't be happening."  I said weakly, turning to Tonks, who smiled at me.

"Better believe it." She said, looking strangely happy at my disbelief.

"W-wait." I said as the three moved. "What about us? We're just Muggles." I gestured to my sister.

"Muggle's can't see that." Kingsley gestured to the house. "Which explains your sister."

"Are you saying I'm not a muggle?" I said, at the same time my sister blurted out, "what the heck are you all looking at?"

Remus looked uneasy, choosing to reply to Emma. "Take Tonk's hand. You'll be able to see it then."

Emma threw glance at me, and when I gave her a nod, she took Tonk's outstretched hand and her eyes widened. "Woah!" Was all she said.

"We should get inside. You don't know who's lurking about out here."

The knocker on the door was a silver snake, and I faintly recalled in the back of my mind that this was the Black house. I screeched to a halt, eyes widening.

"Oh my god. This is real." I breathed, eyes shooting up to look at Tonks, Remus, and then Kingsley.

"We'll discuss this the moment we are inside." Remus promised, and with a shaking hand I pushed the door opened and made my first steps into the Wizarding World.

Needless to say, my first steps into the Wizarding World weren't all that impressive.

I heard a soft hissing noise and then old‐fashioned gas lamps sputtered into life all along the walls, casting a flickering insubstantial light over the peeling wallpaper and threadbare carpet of a long, gloomy hallway, where a cobwebby chandelier glimmered overhead and age‐blackened portraits hung crooked on the walls.

"Where are we?" Emma asked quietly, releasing Tonk's hand and grabbing mine.

I hesitated before answering, taking another look around. "Somewhere safe." I said finally, and Kingsley nodded in agreement.

"Emma-that is your name, right? I'm sure Molly will be down soon, and she'll probably feed you when she comes. You, however, need to come with us."

I looked up at the person who had spoken, who had been Remus. "An Order meeting." I said, and he nodded, a look of surprise passing over his face quickly.

"Remus, Kinglsey, Tonks, where have you be-oh."

The same woman that had bought us the sandwiches last night was now standing in front of me, gaze moving from Emma to me, then to Remus.

"This is the one Albus told us about?" She asked in a hushed voice, but I heard nonetheless.

"What did Dumbledore say about me?" I asked, stepping forward. Mrs. Weasley looked up, giving me a warm smile before pulling me into a warm, tight hug, making me stiffen for a moment, then stepping back and giving my sister the same, who smiled up and gave her a toothy grin.

"Nothing to worry about, dear. You go right ahead with these three, I'll take care of this one. What is your name dear?"

"Emma." The small girl responded, and I pulled her back to give her a hug.

"You can trust these people. I promise." I told her quietly, before giving her one last reassuring smile and moving forward to follow Kingsley.

While moving, I noticed several house elf heads hung on the wall, and had to repress a shiver crawling up my spine as I averted my gaze.

"Moony! You're finally back!" I heard someone call, and looked up to see Remus being clapped on the back by... Sirius Black. What.

Then I realized something.

"You were the dog. From last night."  I said, drawing everyone's attention to me. My eyes quickly scanned over the people in the room, Mundungus Fletcher, Mad-Eye Moody, Arthur Weasley, Bill Weasley, Severus Snape..I paused for a moment on the potions master, before moving on and finally locking eyes with Albus Dumbledore.

"What am I doing twenty five years in the past." I asked firmly, crossing my arms and planting my feet, ignoring the gasps and whispers that swept through the room as I did.

Dumbledore's eyes twinkled.

"To answer to your previous statement, yes, Sirius was the dog from last night, even if I had advised him not to leave this house. "

He paused, and I turned to look over at the Sirius, who gave me a boyish grin. "This house is a prison. Dunno why anyone would want to stay."

I refrained from smiling before turning back to Dumbledore.

"As for your second question...it is because I sent you here."