CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT.

Start from the beginning

Another thing worries, what if ummi stops her from going abroad yet again, hibbah scrunched up her face by mere thought of not achieving her dreams. She has a new resolution, She'll first write the scholarship exams and pass, which is already a tick in her list, then She'll fly abroad in sha Allah.  Then She'll study international relationship, since she thinks medicine is too hard for her too study.

Though ummi wants her to study medicine because if hibbah becomes a medical doctor She'll earn a lot , and then their poverty life will end or so she thought. She has full faith on her daughter. Hibbah knew soo well that almost all parents think medicine is the way to become rich but truth be told even an accountant earns more than a doctor does. So she sees no reason why She'll indulge herself in such hard work, studying medicine is not a child's play.

After she studies what she wants in sha Allah, She'll come back and find a way to be a model in sha Allah, hopefully She'll find someone with ways in the foreign land, She'll ace her exams and make her ummi proud even if she won't study medicine, all she needs is her mom's blessings and Allah's support and everything will fall in place.

Four hours into their journey, hibbah felt a warm liquid gushing from in between her legs, right their she knew what it is, she has been expecting it since yesterday but it never came and so she hoped, prayed and wished it won't arrive while she was still in the car. It is her time of the month.

The panic was written all over her face, she doesn't need confirmation, it is what it is. She was scared it will flow a lot and will spoil her clothes and even stain the car, it will be soo embarrassing.

"What's wrong? Why do u like you saw a ghost". Hauwa looked at her.

"Hauwa it's my period what can I do". She looked as if She'll Burst into tears, if there's anything embarrassing to her, then it's definitely this stupid, painful, excruciating cycle that every girl has to go through.

"Wayyo Allah!". Hauwa exclaimed.

"You are not helping, hauwa do something please save me". Hibbah panicked even more.

They can't just ask the driver to stop, can they? Even if they can, is there any toilet nearby to wear a sanitary pad, at least she has a pack kept in her bag.

"Ammmmm, since we can't stop here, you should just remove your head tie and fold it then sit on it, that way I don't think it will stain the car seats. For your clothes we'll know what to do since it's just few hours before we reach gombe in sha Allah. Calm down". Hauwa suggested.

Hibbah heaved a sigh of relief, she removed her head tie and folded it into thick layers, she then placed it on the seat and gently sat on it.

"Don't worry it's just me and you here, then ya Habeeb and the driver, there are no guests since he bought the whole car for the trip". Hauwa ushered.

Hibbah calmed down a little, deep down she felt ashamed and scared, what if something goes wrong, what will she do. Or worst her cramps start up too early and then she won't be able to stay in the car without screaming or trashing.
Her cramps had always been cruel and wicked, it was never easy for her except on rare occasions.

Maybe it's because her own cycle lasts for three days maximum, whenever it's Ramadan hauwa would ask her how it feels to be God's favorite.
Hibbah would just smile because she alone knows what she goes through in those three days.

Hibbah calmed down, she dozed off in the car thinking of million ways, this bloody thing would embarrass the shit out of her that day.

________

METRO CONSULTANT CLINIC GOMBE.

NABEELAH.