Chapter 36: A Beautiful Day

Start from the beginning

       "It's a beautiful day today, one of the most loveliest... but something feels off today, I don't know what, but I think-"

        "No, nothing of that. It's a perfect day, so what if it seems like there will be a little rain? Not all mornings are beautiful," Jungkook assured and couldn't help but to raise his hand along his bare chest to recall the delicate moment of Jimin breathing over his chest. "I want to see him now, he must be waiting for me!"

        In time, Yoongi allowed the king to wash up and get ready to see Jimin. He wore his white cotton upper coat and his matching pants along with his straw sandals and bamboo hat to tie in the disguise as always. He carried the crate carrying his painting supplies and managed to escape the palace with the help of his guard once again. The day was beautiful; the sun gave the earth a warm coat over the land and even a few of the flowers in the field began to finally bloom towards the end of the spring season.

       Jungkook let out a pant as he crawled up the hills within the field and felt as if his morning was tougher than he remembered. He didn't climb the same hill after a few days and could already feel as if the world changed around him. The pressure weighed in on his shoulders but before he knew it, he spotted the familiar bundle of trees leading him to his paradise; the Omega River.

        At the same time, Yoongi paced around in the king's room to ensure that none of the servants were able to get in and wonder where the king has wandered off to. The alpha held his hands behind his back, noting the small details of the messy bed from the night before. As the guard looked around the room to pass the time, he noticed Jungkook left his paintbrush behind.

      "Of course he forgot the most important thing, his paintbrush," Yoongi whispered to himself and walked over to the brush to then pick it up. The cold wood of the stem balanced over his white gloved hands into the second he began to think to himself. "Maybe I could drop it off at the Omega River." Yoongi then slipped the paintbrush into his pocket and turned over to the opened window before looking out at the skies above cautiously. "Such a beautiful day... but the atmosphere is too thick on a sunny day. I don't think the king should be out today."

      With that being said, Yoongi closed the windows and ran his hand down the handle of the cold brush, thinking of the king. There were no birds outside, just the thick clouds weighing in on a perfect day. The pale guard then closed the window slowly and began to make his way out of the room, no longer caring if anyone was to find that the king wasn't present.

        Concurrently, Jungkook reached the river and smiled at such a lovely day. His eyes scattered along the river and embraced his old muse on such a brighter morning. However, he couldn't seem to understand what Yoongi spoke bad about that day. Jungkook found it as one of the loveliest.

       "Life is amazing now... I have my omega, the day is beautiful, and soon he will have an answer for me," Jungkook thought and pulled out one of Jimin's favorite brooches. Smiling down at the decoration that used to sit over Jimin's perfect hair. "My swan is all I've ever wanted," Jungkook concluded, sitting closely to the river where his senses began to fade out like always.

       There, the king couldn't seem to pick up the scent of the alpha hiding behind the trees with an arrow loaded and pointed onto the king's back. Hoseok tilted his gaze forward and kept his stance until his fingers began to push down against the lion engraved onto the arrow. His light green sleeves to his upper coat were tucked back and his silk pants were planted down over the dirt below right at his knees. Hoseok continued to glare at the king from afar and contemplate his actions further.

        "I should paint today, but not just a swan, I should paint the river and my Jimin," Jungkook spoke and those sharp words managed to cut its way into Hoseok's mind.

        "My...?" Hoseok hissed underneath his breath. He was still upset, tempted and furious. Jealousy carried a powerful bite like venom in Hoseok's life. The venom was enough to intoxicate his decisions and blind him from his true self. That being said, the young alpha was blinded by anger and jealousy alone. Forgetting that this wasn't something he would normally do. There, he only found the commoner as prey when it came to hunting.

        Hoseok positioned the arrow to the back of the clueless alpha and observed his prey further, watching Jungkook set up his painting supplies while he waited for Jimin.

         "If I wait now, Jimin will come along and find me... then, he will never love a man like me," Hoseok thought, blowing a strand of his hair falling forward. The alpha styled his hair into a high ponytail with the rest falling over to the side of his shoulder. Just as he closed his eyes, he thought of the many times he found the two kissing or cuddling so close to each other.

       The many memories of Jimin and the commoner haunted the alpha's mind until he pulled his eyes open and bared his teeth, exposing his sharp fangs that brought out the red hue in his eyes. "Now... I want my happiness now," hissed the alpha. Suddenly, Hoseok's fingers began to weaken over the string and the arrow as he kept one eye tightly shut. Once the arrow was pointed onto Jungkook's back, the alpha finally let go.

      The arrow bolted across the river and finally struck Jungkook on the back. Instantly, a piercing feeling shot through the young king's nerves and a gasp followed once he looked down to see that the arrow didn't pull through, it was stuck in between his torso and all he could do was endure the pain over his chest, far from his heart. The same place he had Jimin laying over his body, was where the arrow pierced through.

       Hoseok took no other second to sit there and watch the alpha die out on his own. Instantly, Hoseok rushed out of the river and swore he would feel proud, but the emptiness caved in further into the sight of hurting such an innocent man. The hunter then ran into the field, leaving Jungkook to sputter at his wound.

       "J-Jimin..." Jungkook coughed and whispered as his own tears raced out of his doe eyes. A crimson shade bled onto the white cotton of the alpha's hanbok as he fell to his side. Trying to grasp in any air and remain calm, but the pain was too overwhelming. "Jimin..." Jungkook spoke out a bit louder, but it took so much of his energy. Hoping that Jimin was nearby, but the omega wasn't even in the field leading to the king.

       As he laid over the cold and soft pebbles to the river, his breathing grew heavy and only now, he began to see the true colors behind such a horrible day. After a while of laying there helplessly, weak stones crushed underneath leather boots as the head guard dropped his gaze over the king himself, laying over his own blood and left for dead.

        "J-JUNGKOOK!" Yoongi shouted and raced to the king to bring him into his arms. "JUNGKOOK, CAN YOU HEAR ME?" The man called out desperately and heard the king's heavy breathing over his lap. "I-I'll save you, Jungkook! Don't give in!" Cried the older, bringing the king into his arms and carrying him with his legs draping over.

         Jungkook laid over the guard's arms and focused on breathing through the excruciating pain burning through his wound. At times, the king's wide eyes began to weigh in, but his will to keep awake was pushing through. Determined to keep himself alive as he bled out on the way through the field. The world grew blurry to the boy, noises were muffled and the red blood raced down the tips of his own fingers, fearing for his life in every breath he took.