Chapter four

Crawley, they fucking sent Crawley as our driver?! Damn-it!
Out of the corner of my eyes I saw K-Unit all staring at me, Snake looked really worried, and the others looked tense now. Oops guess I made them all wary. I don't see why though, it's not like they knew anything I knew. They probably thought our driver was just some lackey hired to drive us around.

"Plan on coming out, or sitting in there staring at the kid all day?" A voice called out after the door on Fox's side suddenly opened.

The others all jumped but I rolled my eyes and pushed my own door open.

"Hello Alex," Crawley smiled warmly at me.

Oh just because you've been nice to me ever since I joined MI6 that doesn't mean I forgive you for tranquilizing me!

"Crawley." I still nodded in greeting.

"Wait, you guys know each other?" Eagle butted in, asking loudly.

"Of course. You are all to watch over and protect Alex, he is your top priority. Nothing else, understand?" Crawley stated coldly, glaring at K-unit.

"Alex?" Snake questioned.

"Yes, Alex Rider. You SHOULD know who it is you're assigned to watch over." Crawley said with a bit of an edge to his voice as he placed his hand on Alex's shoulder.

All of them, even Crawley, noticed how Alex winced at the pressure Crawley put onto Alex's shoulder causing Crawley to quickly let go, then Crawley spoke, "You all head in, your stuff can be found in each of your respective rooms, I wish to speak with Alex. alone."
For some reason K-Unit hesitated before they walked away.

"Alex.......will you be alright living with four other men?"

"Wait, what?!" I laughed a bit incredulously, "you're worried about me living with other guys? Why?"

"Alex I know the truth, so answer me honestly. Will you be alright living with four other men?" Crawley repeated seriously.

"What? How do you...you know what never mind, ugh Er......yeah, I don't want to live with them for multiple reasons but it's not like I have a choice here........" I scowled at Crawley before crossing my arm's over my chest.

".....Do you trust them?" Crawley spoke up after a minute.

"No." I answered back without hesitation.

Little did I know that K-unit was listening in on mine and Crawley's conversation and they all felt as though they were punched by my words despite us not even really knowing each other.