Settling in

Crawley said nothing more, but by the time Alex had made her way over to K-unit who had not moved an inch, the car they had all arrived in was long gone taking Crawley with it.

"Well?" Alex raised an eyebrow, "Are we going in or not?"

"Y-Yeah." Fox said quickly digging out the key to the front door and unlocking it.

Alex quietly followed K-unit into the house where once more they all came to a stop.

"....Dibs on first room!" Eagle suddenly called, racing towards the stairs.

"Hey!" Fox yelled chasing after him.

"Idiots..." Wolf muttered before turning and wandering off to some other part of the house, but where exactly Alex wasn't sure.

Deliberate coughing from next to her caused Alex to turn and see Snake staring at her.

Alex raised an eyebrow at him but made no comment on his not so subtle attempt and getting her attention.

Snake sighed and asked quietly, "Are you alright?"

Alex blinked, "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

Now it was Snakes turn to raise his eyebrow, "Oh I don't know....besides the fact that you're practically covered head to toe in bandages?"

Alex rolled her eyes, "I'm fine. Healing. But still fine." And with that said Alex strolled past Snake who looked ready to say something else, and went upstairs to collapse on the first bed of the first unoccupied room she could find.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex wasn't even aware of falling asleep until she jerked awake and there was no light inside of her room, even from the window since the sun was seemingly long gone by now.

It wasn't until her phone began ringing once more that Alex realized what woke her up. She had a incoming phone call from Tom.

Grinning despite her tired state, Alex answered the phone,

"Hey Tom."

"Al!"

"Well that is my name...."

"Don't be a smartass. Where the hell are you at? I stopped by your house but no one's there! Not even Jack!"

"Oh. Shit." Alex sighed, "Sorry 'bout that. Listen I won't be in school for a bit.....things had gotten a bit....weird."

"What do you mean weird? Weird how? Is it M16? Are you going on another mission? Or are you hurt? What does this have to do with Jack? When are you coming back?"

"Tom...TOM! Gee, calm down okay? Yeah it's with M16. For my 'own protection' I have to live in a safe-house with SAS soldiers. Remember K-unit?"

".....You mean the ALL GUYS K-unit who were complete asses to you? Made those 10 or was it 11 days complete hell for you....THAT K-UNIT?!"

Alex groaned and flopped around on the bed until she was laying comfortably on her back, "Yeah. Them. Listen I'll call you back sometime later okay? I'll explain everything to you then. I promise. Oh and Jack's back in America with her family for the time being."

"Alright, but.....if anything happens with any of them you'll tell me right?"

"Of course, and I can take care of myself Tom."

"Okay. Okay I know that but I'd feel better if you let me know."

"I will, bye Tom."

"Bye Al."

Slowly and making sure to be careful of her injuries, Alex got up off of the bed and walked out now her bedroom until further notice and as quietly as she could manage, Alex snuck down the stairs and paused just around the corner from the kitchen, just in time to hear what the others were saying.

"But I don't understand! How the hell is Cub the M16 Agent?!" -Eagle.

"Damnit Eagle if you don't stop repeating yourself like some damn parrot then I'll sew your mouth shut!" -Wolf.

"Should one of us go check on him?" -Snake.

"Why the hell would we do that?" -Wolf.

"I could go get him? We're supposed to be watching him anyway." -Fox.

Deciding that she had heard enough Alex swung around the corner and calmly walked into the kitchen just as the others all abruptly decided to shut the hell up. Not even bothering to pay attention to any of them, Alex quickly poured herself a cup of coffee and made some toast. It was too late to bother with making some real food, so she might as well have an early breakfast.

"Er...Hello Cub."

Turning around Alex saw that once again it was Snake who decided ti be the first to strike up a conversation with her.

'Great.' Alex thought somewhat bitterly, 'Now after how they use to treat me they're going to try and make awkward small talk? Just what I DON'T NEED right now......'

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HELLO STORY FOLLOWERS.

I

AM

ALIVE!

But in all seriousness I am sorry for the lack of updating with all of my stories. I don't really have a excuse besides that for some reason I just felt like I should stay away from writing and everything for a bit.

I cannot guarantee updates frequently or anytime soon but I promise all of you that I will try my best.

PLEASE REVIEW!

TELL WHAT YOU WOULD LOVE TO SEE HAPPEN!

ANY COUPLE IDEAS?