On My Way

⚠️Warning: Mentions of Suicide⚠️

"That's it. I'm done. I'm leaving this classroom, and I'm going to beat that Sebastian kid's ass!"

Let me catch you up on what's happened. Sebastian is blackmailing us. If Rachel sings at Regionals, then a really bad photo of Finn will be uploaded onto the internet. And so here we are... "Finn, chill."
"No, I'm not going to chill. He's hurt us enough, he's hurt you enough." He spoke to me. "I... I'm done chilling."
Artie wheeled into the choir room, "The official show choir rule book states that any real or perceived threat of violence, vandalism or humiliation will be met with a swift and unquestioned disqualification of the threatening party's team with extreme prejudice. It's right here. Page 72, by-law 15, section six, article 44."

"Guys, I contacted the headmaster of Dalton." Mr Schue told us.
"Like you did when Sebastian almost blinded me?" Blaine questioned. "What did they do then?"
I agreed with Blaine, "Same thing as they're going to do now... nothing."
"Look, none of this matters now anyways, okay? We're not going to let him beat us like this. I'm going to perform at Regionals." Rachel stood up.
"Even if he's going to post a photo like this of me if you do?"
"Finn, I'm not going to negotiate with terrorists." Rachel tried.
"If someone posted a picture like that of me online, I'd probably kill myself." Sugar said from her seat.
Rory nodded, "Twice to be sure I was dead."

Mr Schue calmed us down, "Look, you guys are just going to have to deal with things like this. The more successful you get, the more garbage people are going to make up about you. They're going to love to tear you down."
"I can't believe you would do that to me." Finn ignored him.
"I'm going to be married to you. Don't you think I'm going to suffer the consequences as well?" Rachel argued with him. "I mean, I just... I don't care about stuff like that. I love you, and we'll... we'll manage this together. Okay, the important thing right now is that we win."
"So you wouldn't care if I Photoshopped a photo of you like this and put it on the Internet?"
Rachel brushed off his question, "Look, our future depends on us winning Regionals. It'll help me towards my NYADA application."
"Hope you get in."

I yelled after him as he stormed out of the room, "Finn."

*******

We had just found out that Karosfky had tried to commit suicide and were extremely shocked. Kurt and I walked into one of the classrooms where they were having a God Squad meeting to find Quinn speaking. "I feel sorry for Karofsky, but what he did was selfish. He didn't just want to hurt himself; he wanted to hurt everyone around him. I went through the wringer, but I never got to that place."
"Quinn, please." Kurt leant against the door with a frown. "Sure, you had a baby when you were 16 and you had a bad dye job for two weeks, but seriously? The world never stopped loving you. And you're going to Yale. You have no idea what Karofsky was struggling with."
"You really want to try to compare..."
He cut her off, "The despair, the self-loathing."
"It doesn't matter. I just can't imagine things getting so messed-up that you would consider taking your own life."