Don't Dream It's Over

"All right, guys. Who is up first today?"
Rachel replied, "Mr. Schuester? If it's all right with you, I'd like to do my own reinterpretation of my favourite Fleetwood Mac song."
"Great, Rachel. Which one?"
"Go Your Own Way. It's the song about the painful breakup between Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks. Traditionally, it's sung by a man but today Rachel Berry's gonna put her own feminine twist on it. Hit it."

Loving you, isn't the right thing to do
How can I, ever change things that I feel?
If I could, maybe I'd give you my world
How can I, when you won't take it from me?
(You can go your own way)
Go your own way
(You can call it another lonely day)
Another lonely day
(You can go your own way)
Go your own way

"Don't you think it's maybe a little inappropriate that you chose to sing a love song to my guy?" Quinn asked Rachel angrily.
"You're such a hypocrite! You Little Miss Perfect Prom Queen! You're a cheater who cheats in cheap motels with Sam."
Quinn denied, "Nothing is going on between Sam and I."
"Why is that so hard to get into you head?" I asked Rachel.
"Enough, guys." Mr Schue tried.

"You know, I blame Sam for all of this." Santana spoke up. "And Rachel too. I blame her."
"What did I do?"
"I'm sure you did something." She shrugged back.
Lauren agreed, "See, I'm with Santana. Why doesn't Sam have anything to say about this?"
"Guilt." Mike muttered.

"Seriously, dude, what you're doing is not cool.
They both have boyfriends. And you're dating Riley." Puck spoke.
"Shut up! I'm not messing around with Quinn
or Kurt or any one of those guys. And there's no way I'd cheat on Riley! They're just helping me." Sam began to tell everyone.
"Oh, is that what we're calling it now?" Mercedes rolled her eyes.

"Hold on. How were they helping you out?" Mr Schue questioned.
Sam began explaining, "Kurt was bringing me clothes, and Quinn was helping me babysit my brother and sister."
"Why were you in that motel?" Finn snapped.
"Because that's where I live now. My dad lost his job a few months ago. Then we lost our house. So now we live in that motel in one room. The truth's finally out." Sam got up and left the room.

I got up to follow him, "I hope you're all happy now. You finally got what you wanted to know."
"Riley." Finn stopped me.
"You know what? Sam had to sell his guitar." I dropped the hint that they should try to get it back. "It may not fix everything you've done but it may help."

*******

I was spending the evening with Sam, helping him babysit his siblings when Rachel and Finn showed up at the door

"Um, I'm trying to get my sister to sleep."
"Dude, please, please. Just let us in." Finn begged.
Stacey ran up to Sam, "Hi. I'm Stacey."
"Hi, Stacey. I-I'm Rachel. This is Finn."
"Well, she's up now." Sam frowned opening the door for them to come in. "It beats a cardboard box underneath an underpass, right? We keep the rest of our stuff in my dad's car."