Error

Bakugou laid on his bed, lights off with the back of his hand covering his eyes. He was trying to forget the way Yaoyorozu looked at him before he left her room. A couple of days have already passed, yet he still sees those hurt onyx eyes when he closes his eyes. 

"Fuck," he seethed. "Why did you have to make that face..." He sat up, reaching for his phone when it suddenly lights up. 

1 new message.

"Where are you?" A message from Kirishima. 

"I'm in my room." Bakugou replied.

A couple minutes later, Bakugou could hear murmurs in front of his bedroom. He sighed, and opened the door to be greeted by Kaminari and Kirishima.

"What do you guys want?" Bakugou asks, crossing his arms and leaning against his doorway.

Kaminari and Kirishima looked at each other hesitantly. 

"Have you heard from Yaoyorozu?" Kirishima asked nervously.

Bakugou looked at them quizzically. "Shouldn't you be asking Earphones?" 

"Well, she just got back from the hospital and..." Kaminari began. "And Yaoyorozu wasn't in her room."

"So? Maybe she just went for a walk." 

"Right, that's what Kyouka thought too but she waited and waited..." Kaminari trailed off. "She even tried calling Yaoyorozu's phone but only got her voicemail."

Bakugou furrowed his eyebrows. "And why do you think I would know where she went?"

"Well, we thought maybe she at least told you since..." Kirishima paused. "You guys seemed close so we thought she might have contacted you."

"Well, your assumptions are wrong. I haven't heard anything from Ponytail." Bakugou quickly shut his door. He could hear his heart beating, scenarios running through his head. 

No, calm down. Bakugou thought to himself. There must be a rational reason for this. Maybe she turned off her phone. Maybe her family took her somewhere. Maybe --.

The vibration from Bakugou's phone snapped him out of his thoughts. He looked at the name of the person calling him.

Ponytail.

"Where the fuck are you?!" Bakugou screamed angrily.

"Tsk, tsk. Is that anyway to talk to a lady, Bakugou?" 

For a moment Bakugou thought his heart stopped beating. 

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Bakugou questioned, his blood boiling.

"Do you really have to ask?" Scar laughed. "I just get so lonely sometimes, so I thought I'd borrow your friend." 

Bakugou could tell he was smiling - that he was enjoying toying with him.  

"Don't touch her." Bakugou whispered.

"Oh? Well how did you think I got her to where we are?"

"Stop fucking around." 

"No need to be so impatient. Why don't you come get your friend?"

---

Bakugou braced the cold January night, running towards his destination. He looked at his phone every now and then, expecting more messages from that bastard. But he didn't receive any, just a message from Midoryia chastising him for going out so late.

When Bakugou arrived at the address scar sent him, he wasn't surprise to arrive at an old abandoned warehouse. He crawled into the warehouse from the small gap between the shutters and the ground. It took a moment for Bakugou's eyes to adjust to the darkness.

"Welcome Mr. Number One," Scar greeted, standing on top of a cargo crate, the light from outside shining on his back.

Bakugou glared at him, his fists clenched and anger tingling his body.

"I suppose you're looking for your friend?" Scar questions, crossing his arms. "I gotta say, you really know how to pick them." Scar pulled out a remote from his pocket, pressing a single button.

In the other end of the warehouse, light started flickering. Bakugou's heart drop. He could see Yaoyorozu, unconscious and wearing something that resembled a white straight jacket - he could see blood seeping through. Her normally silky black hair, now disheveled, covered some bruises on her face. She was unnaturally still and Bakugou couldn't tell if she was even breathing. 

"She had a really annoying quirk. Honestly, she gave me so much trouble just trying to get her here. So I just had to shut her up, you know?"

"I'll fucking kill you," Bakugou snarled. 

"Oh?" Scar jumped down from the cargo crate, walking towards Bakugou. He moved his finger slightly a look of annoyance appearing on his face.

Bakugou could feel the pain in his head right away, but no explosions came. This was a fight he was going to have to win without his quirk.

Scar looks at Bakugou's hands, noticing the odd gloves. He sighs. "You're no fun."

"Shut up."

Bakugou remembered the first time he fought Scar. He already knew that he was at a disadvantage, he wasn't as proficient in hand to hand combat and now he didn't have the luxury of using his quirk. Bakugou couldn't land a single hit on him. Scar on the other hand, had already landed several blows on him - a kick to the stomach and a punch to the cheek. 

"At this rate, I might kill you first." Scar laughed, pulling out a combat knife.

Bakugou smirked. "You really thought it's going to be that easy?" He pulls out a tiny Matroyshka doll from his belt and threw it towards Scar. He was used to avoiding these, after all those times that Yaoyorozu had used it on him. He quickly pulled out the collapsible Bo staff from his pocket, dodging Scar's lunging knife attack. Bakugou sweeps low knocking Scar to the ground. Before Scar could get up, Bakugou quickly struck his solar plexus, trachea and his temple. Scar laid still, but he was still breathing. 

It wasn't enough. The injuries Scar had wasn't enough compared to the injuries Yaoyorozu received from him. Bakugou pulled off his gloves, grabbing Scar's face. 

"I knew it," Scar coughed, his voice faint. "Someone with a face like yours is more suited to being a villain." 

"Shut up."

---

Bakugou was afraid to get close to her. He was afraid of touching her. He was terrified of hurting her more. He stared at her for a while, waiting for a sign that she was still breathing. He didn't notice he was holding his breath until he saw her chest rise and fall faintly. He quickly took off the straight jacket restraining her and wrapped her in his winter jacket instead, holding her. 

"Ponytail," he whispered, hoping she would reply. Bakugou could see purple bruises scattered on her fair skin. Her wounds from her previous injury seemed to have re-opened. Bakugou pulled his phone from his pocket, checking to see how long it's been since he's called the ambulance. "Fuck."

Bakugou shuts his eyes, frustrated. "Momo..."

"That...sounds better."

Bakugou's eyes widened. He looked at Yaoyorozu. Her eyes were closed, but a faint smile was on her lips.

"Momo...sounds better...than...Ponytail," she whispered.

In the distance, Bakugou could hear the ringing of an ambulance siren.