Night

When she entered the room, she couldn't help but have her eyes fixed on him. He looks back at her, smiles and her heart flutters. She looks down and quickly headed to her seat.

"How are you feeling YaoMomo?" Jirou asked, as Yaoyorozu took her seat.

"I'm all healed up now!" Yaoyorozu forced a smile. While her leg did feel fine there was something else that was bothering her.

"Are you sure? You're looking a little red." Jirou studied her, a worried expression on her face.

Yaoyorozu felt her cheeks - warm. She nods her head. "Yes, I'm perfectly fine."

"If you say so."

--

During class, Yaoyorozu had a difficult time focusing. She would find her gaze shifting toward his ash blonde hair and remember what he said in the infirmary.

"Afterall, I took their 'queen'."

At the moment, she was too flustered to say anything before he left. While she understood he was probably comparing their class exercise to a game of chase she wished he didn't say and do things so carelessly - he probably didn't know how it affected her. He didn't know how his words made her heart skip a beat or how his touch made her skin feel like it was on fire. His mind probably wasn't occupied by thoughts of her like hers were occupied by thoughts of him.

"Yaoyorozu?" Jirou's voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Y-Yes?"

"Class is over, you know?"

Yaoyorozu looks around, noticing everyone packing up.

"Oh, yes."

Yaoyorozu quickly gathered her things, sighing to herself.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jirou asked, concerned.

"Yes!" Yaoyorozu laughed nervously. "W-why do you ask?"

"Hmm, well it just seems like your mind is preoccupied with something."

Yaoyorozu looks at Jirou, slightly shocked. Was it that obvious? She wondered.

"You know you can always tell me if something is bothering you." Jirou continued.

"Well..."

During their walk home, Yaoyorozu spoke about her summer vacation. While Jirou already knew that her and Bakugou had spent the summer together, she hadn't expressed the complicated feelings that arose from the small moments she had spent with him.

"Are you telling me that you're starting to like Bakugou?" Jirou asked, astonished.

Yaoyorozu stared at Jirou, flabbergasted. While she suspected as much - after all this wasn't the first time she liked somebody - she didn't want to definitively say that what she was feeling was romantic.

"No, no. It's more like, um, I've become conscious of him?"

Jirou narrowed her eyes then sighed. "I mean, that's understandable. Saying things like that would make anyone have complicated feelings." She paused. "What if he has feelings for you?"

"No, no, no, no, no," Yaoyorozu waved her right hand dismissively. "I don't think he has the capacity to think of anything else other than 'being number one'."

They both chuckle, remembering the many girls who had professed their love to him and were quickly rejected.

"You're right."

Yaoyorozu smiled. Yes, that's right. Bakugou only has one thing in mind and he wouldn't let anything distract him from that.

--