Challenge

"Oh, you're home late today Katsuki," Bakugo's grandma greeted him.

Bakugo looks at his watch: 10:30 PM. "Sorry, I didn't know I was out that late," Bakugo yawned. This was probably the latest he's been out with Yaoyorozu. In fact, time seems to just be flying by.

Bakugo's grandma smiled, "You seem to be enjoying yourself."

"Hah?" Bakugo thought of the past week he'd spent here. He for sure would have more fun if he was chasing down villains - not in the middle of nowhere with one of his classmates. However, he couldn't deny the fact that his skills were still being sharpened. Every time they meet, Yaoyorozu seems to have a new weapon, a new trap, a new strategy to keep him on his toes - Bakugo narrowly taking the win each time.

"Fuck, I'm tired." Bakugo spread himself on his futon, staring at the ceiling. Bakugo let out a little spark in his hand. For some reason, he remembered Deku. He remembered how Deku, regardless of being quirkless, tried to save him.

Frowning, Bakugo shut his eyes forcing himself to fall asleep.

—-

The sun filled Bakugo's room with light, waking him up - but he didn't feel like waking up at this moment. He turns over, covering his face with his pillow. However, the sun seems to just follow him. Maybe if he just tries to ignore it and continue sleeping?

"Fuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!!" Bakugo screamed, no longer being able to ignore the sun.

"Oh."

Bakugo quickly sat up.

"What the fuck?" Bakugo rubbed his eyes - is Ponytail actually in his room or was he still sleeping and dreaming.

"Sorry," Yaoyorozu apologises, slightly embarrassed. "Your grandma said to come wake you up." He noticed his grandma's tiny frame behind her.

"Well I'm awake now." Bakugo huffed. "What are you doing here so early anyway?"

"Actually, it's already past noon; you were late so I thought I'd come to check up on you."

"Is this why you've been coming home so late, Katsuki?" Bakugo's grandma cheerily commented, while holding a tray with two glasses of iced tea. She sets it down on a tiny table in the room and gives Bakugo a smile before disappearing into the hall.

Bakugo rolls his eyes. He already knew what his grandma was thinking and he already knew that he would have a lot of explaining to do, not only to his grandparents but to his parents too.

"What the fuck, why are you sitting down?" Bakugo screamed, watching as Yaoyorozu sat next to the small table.

"Well, maybe we should just take a day off?" Yaoyorozu smiled, grabbing a glass of iced tea.

"Hello no!" Bakugo jumps up. "Those losers are probably already surpassing me. I can't  just waste time."

She sighs. "You know you can't keep pushing your body to such lengths. Your body needs a break as well." She nods, knowingly.

"Fuck that bullshit. If you want to sit around all day then be my guess."

Bakugo rummages through his luggage looking for his workout clothes, cursing himself for bringing mostly black clothing.

"Fine!" Yaoyorozu stands up. "We'll train today! However..."

Bakugo looks over his shoulder, waiting for her to finish her sentence. He noticed a light tint of pink on her pale skin - his room was quite warm maybe the heat was getting to her.

"P-please accompany me to the festival...to-tonight."

"HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH?" Bakugo dropped the clothes he was carrying.

"I-I've only been to one festival and I really want to see what this one is like."

"Why don't you go by yourself?"

"I think festivals are meant to be enjoyed with friends!" She smiled, her eyes sparkling, hands clenched in front of her.

"Why don't you go with your friends?"

"Other than my family, I don't know anyone else here."

"I don't have time to waste on some stupid festival." Bakugo started pushing Yaoyorozu towards the door.

"Wait!" Yaoyorozu grabs the door frame, before he could fully push her out.

"What now?" Bakugo asks, looking down on her. She looks up at his face, determined

"If I win in today's training session, then you'll come to the festival." Yaoyorozu smiled with confidence.

Bakugo weighed his options. Surely, he would be able to win - he's done so since the beginning of the week. However, they were all close calls...

"What's wrong, Bakugo? Are you scared you'll lose?" Yaoyorozu smirked. She knows how competitive Bakugo is, and she knows how much he likes to win. But most importantly, she knows he couldn't back down from a challenge.

"You're on bitch."

---

Bakugo looked down on Yaoyorozu, his hair drenched in sweat. Although he wasn't supposed to, Bakugo used his quirk -sparingly of course. He absolutely did not want to lose this battle, nor did he want to go to some stupid festival. Yaoyorozu was out of breath too, her hands and knees on the floor. A look of disbelief on her face. 

She looks up at Bakugo, brows furrowed. Then she smiled and gave him a thumbs up. "Let's meet at the convenience store at eight!"

"Fuck you." Bakugo cursed, his entire upper torso wrapped in a material similar to Aizawa's scarf. His entire weight was being supported by a tree branch, his toes barely making contact with the grass below.

Yaoyorozu slowly lowered him to the ground, her smile never leaving her face. It irritated Bakugo to no end. He wanted to wipe that smug look on her face. She puts her hands on his shoulders and smiles.

"Die."

---

Bakugo stared at the time on his phone. This bitch told him to be at the convenience store at eight and she was already fifteen minutes late. Maybe he should just leave.

"I'm sorry I'm late!" Bakugo wasn't sure if he was annoyed at hearing her voice, or the fact that he had to be here.

Bakugo looks up from his phone. Yaoyorozu slowly jogged towards Bakugo in a red and white Yukata, her geta making a distinct noise with each step. Her hair, which is usually on a ponytail, is now in a bun decorated with hair pins. He stared at his own outfit - a v-neck shirt, khakis and running shoes.

"Why the fuck are you all dressed up?"

"I wanted the full experience!" Yaoyorozu exclaimed in between her huffs.

"Whatever you fucking weirdo."