Ch. 10

As Max drove the Rustbucket down the road, Gwen saw a circus sign on a billboard.

Gwen: "Zombozo's Traveling Circus of Laughs? Cool!"

Y/n: "That sounds awesome!"

Max: "I haven't been to a circus since I was a boy. Sounds like fun. What do you guys think?"

Gwen: "I love the circus!"

Y/n: "Yeah! Can we go?"

Ben: "The both of you belong in a circus."

Gwen and Y/n give Ben a glare.

Max: "Ben."

Ben: "Nah, circus is kid's stuff."

Gwen: "Hello? What are we?"

Y/n: "Young adult?"

Gwen smiles and playfully punches Y/n in the side.

Gwen: "You're not helping!"

Ben: *yawn* "Besides, it's pretty late."

Max: "Ben, its 11 in the morning."

Ben suddenly gets very hostile.

Ben: "Fine by me. Ok, all right. You guys want to go see some stupid circus, fine."

-Timeskip-

The fearsome foursomes were walking through the circus yard with stalls around them.

Max: "Ooh. Looks like the entire town's turned out for the show."

While they were walking Y/n noticed that Ben was looking around, clearly uncomfortable. He pulls Ben back a little so Gwen and Max wouldn't hear them talk.

Y/n: "I know you're afraid of clowns Ben."

Ben: "What? No I'm not!"

Y/n: "Ben, I'm your best friend. I know what scares you and what doesn't. And right now, you look as though you're in a nightmare."

Ben: *sigh* "Okay, you're right. They just freak me out."

Y/n: "You dont need to be scared anymore, Ben. After all, you're a super hero and I'm one too. No clown is a match for us."

Y/n's words give Ben new found courage and he give a brave smile.

Ben: "You're right. Come on we dont want to fall behind."

Ben and Y/n catch up to Max and Gwen as a circus announcer introduces three circus freaks bending and melting a metal rod.

(Thumbskull(right), FrightWig(left), and Acid Breath(Center))

Ben: "Dude, that is kind cool."

Y/n: "See what happens when you enjoy the circus?"

Ben playfully elbows Y/n in the stomach.

As the group enters the big top, the circus announcer introduces Zombozo the clown, and everyone is already laughing at him just stepping out of his clown car, however Ben isn't laughing. Something is off about Zombozo, Ben decides to leave the tent leaving Max, Gwen, and Y/n to watch Zombozo.

While Ben was away, Max, Gwen, and Y/n continued to laugh at Zombozo. But their laughs weren't natural, they almost seemed forced, hypnotic.

When the show was over, the circus just vanished... along with Gwen and Y/n. Gwen and Y/n are among a small group of people that was kidnapped by Zombozo and his Freaks.

Y/n and Gwen couldnt help but keep laughing, despite their feeling of despair. They could feel their souls and and bodies slowly draining away... until they felt a sudden wave of happiness. As if all the joy in their lives came rushing in.

Gwen and Y/n opened their eyes to see Ben kneeling over them. The two were extremely groggy.

Y/n: "Ben?"

Gwen: "Hey, where's that popcorn you said you were getting?"

-Timeskip-

Y/n: "So let me get this straight. The clown was evil, feeding off our happiness, and was using me and Gwen as a snack. While his freaks were robbing people blind."

Ben: "That's the gist of it, yeah."

Gwen: "I hate clowns now."

Y/n: "Me too."

A/n: Sorry this one is so short guys, this episode felt more like a side episode for Ben. BUT, I have a surprise for everyone. I know this will throw the timeline for a loop, but the next chapter 'Lucky Girl' is suppose to only have Hex as the villain, but I'm going to add Charmcaster into the next chapter. And I'll tell you why, thanks to some of you bringing it up, you know who you awesome people are, Charmcaster will be added to your little harem and I'm going to age her down, she's going to be twelve but very mature like you and Gwen. Plus an extra twist that I will save for the chapter. Anyway, everyone have a lovely day.