Ch.1

The final bell of school rings and a stampede of kids run out of the school heading home for summer. Among them are two eleven year old boys, Ben Tennyson and Y/n L/n. They run to Ben's house to get their things, Y/n left his things at Ben's house the night before, and run out front to be met with the Rustbucket, Max's RV. The two boys run inside and see Grandpa Max, and rush him with a hug.

Max: "Hey there sports. You two excited for this summer?"

Ben: "You bet, this is going to be awesome!"

Max: "Well I have a surprise for the both of you."

Y/n: "Really? What?"

Max points behind the boys. When they turn around they have mixed reactions to what they see. Ben being annoyed and Y/n being excited.

Ben/Y/n: "Gwen!?"

Ben throws his arms up while Y/n gives Gwen a hug.

Gwen: "Hi Y/n. It's good to see you."

When they separate from the hug, both Y/n and Gwen are blushing and not really paying attention to Ben complaining in the background.

Y/n: "Its good to see you too Gwen. You look pretty."

Gwen's blush deepens. As does Y/n when he realizes what he said.

Y/n: "G-Good! You look pretty good! Hehe." 'Smooth move, Y/n, you idiot!'

Gwen: 'Oh man. He's just so cute, good thing Ben doesn't know the real reason I came along for the summer was to get closer to Y/n. I'd never hear the end of it.' "Thank you Y/n. You look good too." 'Dont think I didnt notice you calling me pretty.'

Gwen gives Y/n a warm smile before Ben's yelling finally gets their attention.

Ben: "Come on Grandpa! Why does she have to be here!?"

Y/n: "Ben, you aren't being fair. Gwen has just as much a right to be here as we do. Besides, we could have a lot more fun with Gwen here."

Ben's anger fades away and is replaced with slight guilt at how he was acting.

Ben: "You're right, sorry Gwen."

Gwen: "Its okay Ben. Thanks Y/n."

Y/n: "No problem Gwen, glad you're here."

Max: "Alright, now that everyone has calmed down. What say we get on the road?"

Y/n/Ben/Gwen: "Yeah!"

Max sits down in the driver seat and starts the Rustbucket, while Ben sits up front with him and Y/n and Gwen sit at the table. Y/n slids into the seat that has his back facing the front of the RV. He expected Gwen to sit across from him but instead she slids in next to him. He gives Gwen a smile, which she returns.

-Timeskip-

After a few hours of driving they arrive at a camping site in the woods. The sun has set and Gwen, Max, and Y/n are excited to do some camping. Ben, however, is being... well Ben.

Ben: "We really have to camp outside?"

Y/n: "What were you expecting? 24/7 icecream and pizza in a five star hotel?"

Y/n sees Ben make a face and interrupts Ben before he can respond.

Y/n: "You know what, dont answer that."

Max walks back into the RV and comes back out with some rolled up tents in his arms.

Max: "Why dont you three sit tight for a little bit while I set the tents up. Then later we'll make some camping snacks."