Chapter 29: Buddy

Ellie's body jerked from another bolt of pain and her eyes shot open again. She let out another tortured cry, the realization of what was happening hitting her. If only her body allowed her to stay shut down throughout it all. At the moment she would have rather been dead. However long she had been out wasn't long enough.

Trying to curl in on herself as a coping mechanism didn't work, she was restrained down to the science lab table again. The pain seemed 10x worse when she was forced to remain still on her back.

She threw her head to the side, gluing her eyes shut as she started screaming louder. "Make it stop!" Ellie started begging, not even knowing if anyone was in the room with her. "I'll do anything! I promise! I'll-" Another, more intense shock of pain shut her up. She bit her lip, whimpering out a pained groan. "I'll tell you everything!"

The room was silent. No one was there and Ellie was left to continue being in anguish for hours on end. Eventually her voice gave out and her body was too weak to continue struggling, forcing her to remain motionless. Ellie focused her lifeless stare on the flickering fluorescent light above her, mouth slightly ajar.

After what seemed like an eternity, someone finally opened the science lab doors again. Ellie couldn't see who it was but she knew that it was Steelbeak. He walked closer so she was able to look at him and yanked at her hair so she was forced to. "ARE YOU FINALLY READY TO TALK NOW?!" He screamed at her. His patience was running very thin and at this point he was fine with letting her shut down permanently from all the pain.

Ellie couldn't manage a response but she nodded faintly, which was very hard to do with how tight of a grip he had on her head.

He pushed her head away from his hand before reaching in his pocket to turn off the remote. "Okay. I'm shutting this off for 2 minutes. You have 2 minutes to tell me everything I need to know. If you don't I won't hesitate to keep it on until you die from exhaustion, pain, whichever comes first. Got it?!"

"O-okay." She stammered out, though it was hardly audible. "They're in- they're in Miss Glamour's mansion. Please... please don't hurt Boyd."

"Miss Glamour's mansion.... Interesting... and who all is there?! Are they all there?! I swear if you are hiding anything more from me..." He trailed off.

"No. No I'm not lying. They're all there." She gulped, the aftershock of the pain still very much present. "What's the real reason why you want us? I know it's not just because of me."

"While I was still serving as your idiot uncle's right hand man, he mentioned how you and your friends took down Mouse. He was one of the biggest contributors to F.O.W.L. and the fact that you killed him off so easily, I knew that all of you posed as a threat. I have to take you all down if I, and F.O.W.L. are to succeed. I had originally quit but let's just say F.O.W.L. wanted me back after my rise to power." He smirked.

It was an absolutely terrible idea for Ellie to speak her mind at the moment but she wasn't thinking properly. She was too upset and something broke inside her. Her reprogramming wouldn't let her take it anymore after she was forced to withstand so much pain. "You lied to me. You said you loved me back! You- why? Mark would never do this to me. Nobody in the right mind would fall in love with you but I did! You drive me crazy! You did something to me didn't you?! Admit it!" She demanded of him. "You can reprogram me all you want but I'll find out what you did over and over again! I'll keep fighting it just as I'm doing now! Sure. You got me. I love you. But I'm going to fucking kill you, even if it hurts me in the process!"

Steelbeak heard enough. He triggered the part of Ellie's brain with the remote again while he stomped away to the nearest God Bots who were there guarding him. "I want you to reprogram it again. Take away its voice and all of its emotions. It's only purpose now is to track everyone in Miss Glamour's mansion and bring them all here. Mark Beaks is first. Then the child and finally the other guy I can never remember." He slammed the door behind himself leaving the two God Bots alone with Ellie.